republican teabagger = welfare queen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Dec 22, 2009.

1. That is true. In MN, the Democratic party is called the DFL, the F standing for Farm.

But now, the parts of the country that are most dependent on agriculture and on the land are conservative and usually Republican. The urban areas tend to run liberal and are usually Democratic.

Even states that tend to vote for the Democrats as a whole have pockets of conservatism in rural areas. Iowa has Steve King, and Minnesota has Michelle Bachmann.

As for Bachmann, I am curious to see if her family is now going to reject any agricultural welfare from the federal government.

#21     Dec 23, 2009
  2. fhl

fhl

Perhaps if liberals like the convicted criminal george soros didn't take every tax break they can finagle, while railing for higher taxes, this thread would have merit. Or maybe the kennedies and their generation skipping trusts.

Unfortunately they do, and so this thread doesn't.

I would say nice try, but it was rather pathetic, along with the majority of the posters.

#22     Dec 23, 2009
  3. George W Bush has a Harvard MBA, John Merriweather has an MBA from the University of Chicago and Bill Gates has no college degree.

So what difference does it make where or whether or not you went to school?

#23     Dec 23, 2009
  4. Generally, although not always, attendance at an IVY league school indicates some ability in the field studied. The fact that Bush was turned down for the University of Texas says a great deal about his admittance into any other school.

By comparison, attendance at Oral Roberts University says an enormous amount about all applicants, their philosophy, and their abilities.

#24     Dec 24, 2009
  5. Mav88

Mav88

Getting a poly sci degree indicates nothing, my dog could do it.

winning elections indicates nothing either, Marion Barry exibit A

Franken and Obama are empty suits, their intellectual rigor is that of a good high school senior.

#25     Dec 24, 2009
  6. Yes, but can your dog get a poly sci degree from Harvard?

Or George W. Bush.

I find that difficult to believe, given that they both graduated at the tops of their classes at Harvard, and have laid a smackdown on the Republicans repeatedly.

#26     Dec 24, 2009
  7. To believe that you would have to believe students get in purely on merit, which is completely false.

Affirmative action is proof positive.

#27     Dec 24, 2009
  8. Mav88

Mav88

Poly sci is easy everywhere, it's akin to theology. Make up some bullshit thesis, piece together some stats and some anecdotes, add in some embellishment.... sorry, not impressed, I've been around the block.

I have not seen the 'smackdown', I've seen Obama dependent on cliches and telepromters, I see a guy without a handle on details or depth of analysis. He ducked the real debate over TARP, waited until others had the details worked out, gave a speech on the Senate floor in support, but then played politics later by trashing Bush's efforts as 'hurried and not well thought out'. This is not the stuff of an intellectual heavyweight, nor is it a 'smacdown'.

Franken, the guy is a liberal parrot, and not a very good one.

#28     Dec 24, 2009

9. And look where all the "Harvard" cough cough graduates are leading us, Big Guy. Goldman Sachs? Quite a few in the ranks.
    The prophet.

#29     Dec 24, 2009