Republican tax stand a bust with public

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tax cuts during two wars, one just for the hell of it? (Never been done at any other time anywhere on the planet in recorded history.) Incidentally, tax cuts that favored the rich by any objective account, which contributed in part to the unprecedented income disparity that he created and fueled, which in turn is a stick in the spokes of the economic wheel. An aversion to regulatory reform? A complete disregard on the matter of outsourcing and doing absolutely nothing to discourage it? (i.e., do outsourcing companies really need tax cuts and other incentives to continue along that course?) If Bush wanted to devastate the economy, please tell me how he could have done it better. He destroyed the budget surplus he was handed, systematically depleted the Treasury and looked the other way while unprecedented shit was going on in the financial markets. So let me ask you again: If Bush wanted to devastate the economy, how could he possibly have done it better?

#21     Jul 15, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

This is a lie, no matter how many times liberals repeat it, its not going to make it true.

#22     Jul 15, 2011
  3. You have no clue. You have been indoctrinated into an ideology that only recognizes predigested "evidence" that supports it. The only people who make your claim are the partisan Right. Everyone else, absolutely everyone, agrees through objective assessment that Bush's tax cuts favored the rich. You are lost at sea.

#23     Jul 15, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Top tax rate went from 39.6 to 35% ------a 12% decline
    Bottom Tax rate went from 15 to 10% a 33% decline

People on the bottom got a tax cut that was almost 3 times larger.

If we were to reverse the tax cuts, the people on the bottom will see their taxes go up by 50%.

But feel free to keep using that line, if you want to keep making yourself look bad.

#24     Jul 15, 2011
  5. How much money do you willingly hand over to the government from your business that you could otherwise save utilizing the tax code?

#25     Jul 15, 2011
  6. I guess you're just too smart for the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/08/washington/08tax.html

#26     Jul 15, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I am willing to pay taxes to fund the common good, if everyone else will pay them, too. That's not to say that I want to give away everything, but only to say that I can and will be a team player if the rest of the team will do their part as well. There is no such thing as a one man enterprise.

#27     Jul 15, 2011
  8. As to the CNN poll and what a crock of shit it is:

March 18, 2011

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of American Adults shows that just 20% of Adults would be willing to pay higher taxes to help reduce the federal budget deficit. Seventy-one percent (71%) would not be willing to do so.

#28     Jul 15, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

Basically the whole argument in the stupid article is because the rich have more money, the tax cuts disproportionately favoured them.

Obvviously i you make 3 million dollars you are going to save more money from the tax cuts then a guy who makes 40k, but it doesnt change the fact that the tax cuts that were only available specifically to different income groups, overwhelmingly favoured the poor in percent terms.

#29     Jul 15, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

It's not a CNN poll.

#30     Jul 15, 2011