Republican tax stand a bust with public

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Illum

Illum

I don't believe CNN polls for a second. We will see come elections.

#11     Jul 14, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

#12     Jul 15, 2011
  3. #13     Jul 15, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

This position is a crock of indoctrination.

#14     Jul 15, 2011
  5. See, Ricter? Not everyone understands what "two sides to a ledger" means.

#15     Jul 15, 2011
  6. Explain using Buffet as your example.

#16     Jul 15, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I could give a rat's ass about Buffett. You whined elsewhere about how liberals have no position, no data to support one. Now, you've got some data and you don't like it so you're crying again. And still elsewhere you're calling people crybabies!

A majority of the American public thinks, right or wrong, that some taxes should be raised (I think they're right). A majority of the public thinks, right or wrong, that Bush is to blame for our present economic troubles (I think they're wrong). That's what the data show.

#17     Jul 15, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I'm beginning to think it's hopeless. The worrier, the handwringer, the pessimist, the hater... these predispositions might be hardwired.

#18     Jul 15, 2011
  9. So the greatest economic threat in generations since the great depression, which Bush handed to Obama, the depths of which had yet not been reached at that time, should have righted itself after a couple of years? Just like the guy who falls out of a third story window should pick himself up, dust himself off and be on his way? Like that?

#19     Jul 15, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Not sure I understand your question, to me I mean. I don't think "Bush is responsible" for our trouble, I think he had only a part in it.

#20     Jul 15, 2011