Republican Senator Larry Craig of Idaho Arrested For Lewd Conduct in Men's Room

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Turok

Turok

SP:
    >The Reps are hypocrites and so (are) the dems and
    >nothing will change that.

I wouldn't give a nickel for either side.

JB

#51     Aug 31, 2007
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Suuuure he does.

"I have a wide stance."

I've been in a lot of restrooms and have NEVER had my foot stray over into another stall nor had the dude in the next stall stray over into mine. I guess we're just mutant freaks who lack that oh-so-common wide stance. :p

"I had to pick up some paper off the floor."

Why of course. Who wants to use some paper to wipe your ass that hasn't been first treated with restroom floor filth? :p

You're as gullible as they come, pattersb.

#52     Aug 31, 2007
  3. Did you listen to the tape? Are you suggesting that the police officer was lying? Are the Republicans for "law and order" as long as the criminals aren't Republicans?

BTW, it is to Democrats benefit that Craig stays on and be defeated in the next election. I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt. It's the Republicans who are calling for his head. Not out of moral outrage, but out of election politics considerations. They're not calling for Vitter head because they calculate that Republican voters don't give a damn about morality (they only don't want gays) and by the time 2010 comes around, other voters would forget about Vitter's alleged crime.

#53     Aug 31, 2007
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

One set of rules for Republicans, another set of rules for everybody else. Isn't that what the Founding Fathers fought for? :confused:
    Vitter's real crime. He 'fessed up, but only because the statute of limitations had run out. :p

#54     Aug 31, 2007
  5. He resigns Saturday in an address.

Hardly knew ye, Toilet Man.

#55     Aug 31, 2007
  6. Craig's Arresting Officer: "Embarrassing, embarrassing. No wonder why we're going down the tubes."

AP
    Friday Aug 31, 2007

Excerpts from a transcript of Minneapolis Airport Police's tape-recorded interrogation of Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, upon Craig's arrest on June 11 by Sgt. Dave Karsnia. The transcript was provided by the Metropolitan Airports Commission in Minneapolis.

CRAIG: Am I gonna have to fight you in court?

KARSNIA: No. No. I'm not gonna go to court unless you want me there.

CRAIG: 'Cause I don't want to be in court either.

KARSNIA: OK. I don't either.

KARSNIA: I'm not going to bring you to jail.

CRAIG: You solicited me.

KARSNIA: OK. Um, I just wanna start off with a, your side of the story, OK. So, a ...

CRAIG: So I go into the bathroom here as I normally do. I'm a commuter, too, here.

KARSNIA: OK.

(Article continues below)

CRAIG: I sit down, um, to go to the bathroom and, ah, you said our feet bumped. I believe they did, ah, because I reached down and scooted over and, um, the next thing I knew, under the bathroom divider comes a card that says police. Now, um, (sigh) that's about as far as I can take it, I don't know of anything else. Ah, your foot came toward mine, mine came towards yours, was that natural? I don't know. Did we bump? Yes, I think we did. You said so. I don't disagree with that.

KARSNIA: OK. I don't want to get into a pissing match here.

CRAIG: We're not going to.

KARSNIA: Good. Um ...

CRAIG: I don't, ah, I am not gay. I don't do these kinds of things and ...

KARSNIA: It doesn't matter. I don't care about sexual preference or anything like that. Here's your stuff back sir. Um, I don't care about sexual preference.

CRAIG: I know you don't. You're out to enforce the law.

KARSNIA: Right.

CRAIG: But you shouldn't be out to entrap people either.

KARSNIA: This isn't entrapment.

CRAIG: All right.

KARSNIA: Um, you, you're skipping some parts here, but what, what about your hand?

CRAIG: What about it? I reached down, my foot like this. There was a piece of paper on the floor, I picked it up.

CRAIG: What about my hand?

KARSNIA: Well, you're not being truthful with me. I'm kinda disappointed in you senator. I'm real disappointed in you right now. OK. I'm not, just so you know, just like everybody, I, I, I treat with dignity, I try to pull them away from the situation.

CRAIG: I, I ...

KARSNIA: ... and not embarrass them.

CRAIG: I appreciate that.

KARSNIA: And I ...

CRAIG: You did that after the stall.

KARSNIA: I will say every person I've had so far has told me the truth. We've been respectful to each other and then they've gone on their way. And I've never had to bring anybody to jail because everybody's been truthful to me.

CRAIG: I don't want you to take me to jail and I think ...

KARSNIA: I'm not gonna take you to jail as long as you're cooperative but I'm not gonna lie. We ...

CRAIG: Did my hand come below the divider? Yes, it did.

KARSNIA: OK, sir. We deal with people that lie to us everyday.

CRAIG: I'm sure you do.

KARSNIA: I'm sure you do, too, sir.

CRAIG: And gentleman so do I.

KARSNIA: I'm sure you do. We deal with a lot of people that are very bad people. You're not a bad person.

CRAIG: No, I don't think I am.

KARSNIA: OK, so what I'm telling you, I don't want to be lied to.

CRAIG: OK.

KARSNIA: OK. So we'll start over, you're gonna get out of here. You're gonna have to pay a fine and that will be it. OK. I don't call media, I don't do any of that type of crap.

CRAIG: Fine.

KARSNIA: All right, so let's start from the beginning. You went in the bathroom.

CRAIG: I went in the bathroom.

KARSNIA: And what did you do when you

CRAIG: I stood beside the wall, waiting for a stall to open. I got in the stall, sat down, and I started to go to the bathroom. Ah, did our feet come together, apparently they did bump. Well, I won't dispute that.

KARSNIA: OK. When I got out of the stall, I noticed other, other stalls were open.

CRAIG: They were at the time. At the time I entered, I, I, at the time I entered, I stood and waited.

CRAIG: They were all busy, you know?

KARSNIA: Were you (inaudible) out here while you were waiting? I could see your eyes. I saw you playing with your fingers and then look up. Play with your fingers and then look up.

CRAIG: Did I glance at your stall? I was glancing at a stall right beside yours waiting for a fella to empty it. I saw him stand up and therefore I thought it was going to empty.

KARSNIA: How long do you think you stood outside the stalls?

CRAIG: Oh, a minute or two at the most.

KARSNIA: OK. And when you went in the stalls, then what?

CRAIG: Sat down.

KARSNIA: OK. Did you do anything with your feet?

CRAIG: Positioned them, I don't know. I don't know at the time. I'm a fairly wide guy.

KARSNIA: I understand.

CRAIG: I had to spread my legs.

KARSNIA: OK. And then with the hand. Um, how many times did you put your hand under the stall?

CRAIG: I don't recall. I remember reaching down once. There was a piece of toilet paper back behind me and picking it up.

KARSNIA: OK. Was your, was your palm down or up when you were doing that?

CRAIG: I don't recall.

KARSNIA: OK. I recall your palm being up. OK.

CRAIG: All right.

KARSNIA: When you pick up a piece of paper off the ground, your palm would be down, when you pick something up.

CRAIG: Yeah, probably would be. I recall picking the paper up.

KARSNIA: And I know it's hard to describe here on tape but actually what I saw was your fingers come underneath the stalls, you're actually ta ... touching the bottom of the stall divider.

CRAIG: I don't recall that.

KARSNIA: You don't recall?

CRAIG: I don't believe I did that. I don't.

KARSNIA: I saw, I saw ...

CRAIG: I don't do those things.

KARSNIA: I saw your left hand and I could see the gold wedding ring when it, when it went across. I could see that. On your left hand, I could see that.

CRAIG: Wait a moment, my left hand was over here.

KARSNIA: I saw there's a ...

CRAIG: My right hand was next to you.

KARSNIA: I could tell it with my, ah, I could tell it was your left hand because your thumb was positioned in a faceward motion. Your thumb was on this side, not on this side.

CRAIG: Well, we can dispute that. I'm not going to fight you in court, and I, I reached down with my right hand to pick up the paper.

KARSNIA: But I'm telling you that I could see that so I know that's your left hand. Also I could see a gold ring on this finger, so that's obvious it was the left hand.

CRAIG: Yeah, OK. My left hand was in the direct opposite of the stall from you.

KARSNIA: Have you been successful in these bathrooms here before?

CRAIG: I go to that bathroom regularly.

KARSNIA: I mean for any type of other activities.

CRAIG: No. Absolutely not. I don't seek activity in bathrooms.

KARSNIA: It's embarrassing.

CRAIG: Well it's embarrassing for both. I'm not gonna fight you.

KARSNIA: I know you're not going to fight me. But that's not the point. I would respect you and I still respect you. I don't disrespect you but I'm disrespected right now, and I'm not trying to act like I have all kinds of power or anything, but you're sitting here lying to a police officer.

CRAIG: I, I, I ...

KARSNIA: I am trained in this, and I know what I am doing. And I say you put your hand under there and you're going to sit there and ...

CRAIG: I admit I put my hand down.

KARSNIA: You put your hand and rubbed it on the bottom of the stall with your left hand.

CRAIG: No. Wait a moment.

KARSNIA: And I, I'm not dumb, you can say I don't recall ...

CRAIG: If I had turned sideways, that was the only way I could get my left hand over there.

KARSNIA: It's not that hard for me to reach. (inaudible) it's not that hard. I see it happen everyday out here now.

CRAIG: (inaudible) you do. All right.

KARSNIA: I just, I just, I guess, I guess I'm gonna say I'm just disappointed in you, sir. I'm just really am. I expect this from the guy that we get out of the hood. I mean, people vote for you.

CRAIG: Yes, they do. (inaudible)

KARSNIA: Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

CRAIG: I'm a respectable person, and I don't do these kinds of ..

KARSNIA: And (inaudible) respect right now though.

CRAIG: But I didn't use my left hand.

KARSNIA: I thought that you ...

CRAIG: I reached down with my right hand like this to pick up a piece of paper.

KARSNIA: Was your gold ring on your right hand at anytime today?

CRAIG: Of course not. Try to get it off. Look at it.

KARSNIA: OK. Then it was your left hand. I saw it with my own eyes.

CRAIG: All right, you saw something that didn't happen.

KARSNIA: Embarrassing, embarrassing. No wonder why we're going down the tubes.

:D :D :D

#56     Sep 1, 2007

7. Somehow I doubt that, Bathhouseman.

#57     Sep 1, 2007
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Maybe coz they no longer want to be affiliated with him?

#58     Sep 1, 2007
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Which is proof that Fox "News" is nothing but a branch of the GOP, not a real news outlet.

#59     Sep 1, 2007
  10. We've got 300 million people in this country- You'd think there'd at least be a few great leaders among us.

Where have all the great American leaders gone?

#60     Sep 1, 2007