Republican Revolution Over?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 9, 2006.

1. The base didn't stray too far so there is nothing to "rebuild". The illiterate maggots still crawled out of their caves in massive numbers and voted the party line as ordered.

Once the data is complete we'll see the democratic win was because moderates ( who never shared the false neocon "moral values" in the first place) and the democratic base were motivated to turn out in high numbers.

#21     Nov 9, 2006
  2. LOL, If americans had a clue we would not have Bush, the war in Iraq and tax cuts for the rich. Of course the american public does not have a clue. The american public has votes though.

I am deliberately trying not to debate the merits of conservative platform in this thread, my point is that gullible american public will buy your "small government" rhetoric but will never ever buy the elimination of all those deparments, programs and services, in other words it will never buy the actual specific actions that are absolutely unavoidable to actually make the government small. Your party will never deliver because for good or for bad the american public won't let them.

#22     Nov 9, 2006
  3. Artie21

Artie21

They should bring the likes of Dick Armey back in. There have been way too many bagmen in Congress on both sides of the aisle. It's time to have people who can think independently and who truly care about public policy and public service.

Bush and Cheney however, are just sleazy bagmen.

#23     Nov 9, 2006
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Personally, I am not real happy with the Republicans but I guess they were largely doing what they had to do. Regarding the 6th year of a presidency issue the current administration did better than historical ones by 30 seats. In that sense it was a Republican landslide. They might have done a lot better if they had actually argued the war issues that they have been getting slammed for from the first frigging week of the war! They are screw ups though in regard to micro managing the war from the White House, same as the Kennedy/Johnson administration did with Vietnam. The military told them they needed 450,000 troops and the White House told them to make do with about a third that number. The White House also pulled the troops out of some strongholds of the resistance under UN/international pressure and gave the opposition time to build up tremendous strength, then they sent the understaffed troops back in. Big talkers about the UN but then they do that ridiculous stunt.

#24     Nov 9, 2006
  5. Republicans got into bed with Neocons and got a case of crabs...

It is as simple as that...

#25     Nov 9, 2006
  6. _______________________________________

As usual simply wrong. Mostly scandals and related things. Also Reps running again in normally blue districts.

#26     Nov 9, 2006
  7. the poll u read and brought to my attention gotta have been propaganda dont ya think now?

#27     Nov 9, 2006
  8. _____________________________________________

Don't remember which one that was but it could have been in retrospect.

#28     Nov 9, 2006
  9. Really? Did you vote for them? How many times?

Why did you vote for two sleazy bagmen twice? Does that say something about yourself?

#29     Nov 9, 2006
  10. #30     Nov 9, 2006