Republican Presidential Debate Showcased Impressive Candidates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 4, 2007.

1. Wikepedia
    "archeology of the book of mormon"

Both Latter Day Saint and non-Latter Day Saint scholars have long attempted to use archaeology to support their respective views of the origin(s) of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is considered an inspired sacred text by the denominations within the Latter Day Saint movement, and Latter Day Saint scholars accept the view that the people described in the Book of Mormon lived somewhere on either North or South America.[1] Most Latter Day Saints have traditionally viewed the book as historical, but recognize that the purpose of the book was not to document the history of the people described within it.[2] Although scholars note that geographical and historical information is scattered throughout the record, authorities of the LDS church emphasize that the Book of Mormon is primarily a religious record.[3]

#21     May 4, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Be careful with the blanket statements there Zzz, one of the guys on that stage was calling for Bush's impeachment.

#22     May 4, 2007
  3. So the blanket fits 7/8's of the bed...

Look, nearly all of these klowns have done as much flip flopping on issues in their quest to pander to voters as Kerry did in 2004...

Romney looks like an insurance executive to me, or a Wall Street pimp.

Or some dude on some soap opera like "As the World Turns."

I am not saying the dems are any better, but AAA's response was pathetic...

#23     May 4, 2007
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Agreed, both sides pander relentlessly to their brainless ideologues on their respective sides. I was not impressed with any of the candidates last night. Bring on Fred Thomson already.

#24     May 4, 2007
  5. This was a pretty entertaining post :) .

I love that 'BTW'...

#25     May 4, 2007
  6. You're a freakin' tool.

If you lived in the U.K. you'd have been up Labour's arse yesterday in the councils.

Unless by LoZZZer logic you would've supported the Tories as a protest to Blair for being "the same geniuses who backed Bush, who backed the Iraq war, who licked Bush's boots for 6 years until they saw that the people were starting to swing away from the lying sack of shit pandering cronyism"...

Whatever.

#26     May 4, 2007
  7. Yeah, I guess you're right. All Romney has been able to accomplish has been to found Bain Capital, run the Salt Lake City Olympics and get elected as a republican to be governor of Massachusetts. That certainly pales in comparison to Obama, who served a couple of terms in the Illinois State Legislature. Oh yeah, and was so impressed by himself that he wrote his autobiography at age 35. Or Hillary, whose accomplishment was being married to President DNA.

#27     May 4, 2007
  8. why would you ever read a book by a con man without bias? sorry, i guess its hard to believe that in 2007 there are still people who will swallow this kind of nonsense without question. I guess you are one.

#28     May 4, 2007
  9. I have yet to hear anyone, on the right or left, dem or repub (except perhaps Ron Paul to some extent, but not entirely) that their first act as president would be to reduce the power of the presidency back to the way it was 50 years ago, if not further.

All of these klowns, on both sides of the party, just want their shot at an imperial presidency.

So Romney looks like a king, and ignore all his flip flopping, because he is a republican.

If he were a democrat, you would be deriding him for his appearance as phony.

Man, the partisanship stinks...which is why we continue to end up with losers running for president, and get horrible choices like the one we will get in 2008.

Face it, the best person for the job may be some ugly fuck, but in our "wanting a king" to lead us country in some pathetic excuse to relive "Camelot" we get all these people mugging and lying just to get a job they aren't really qualified for.

I am not pushing for Gore, I think he can see that whoever gets in is fucked, but the truth is that he is the most qualified on the basis of experience in D.C.

#29     May 4, 2007
  10. It is too easy to prove you are a moron, so I will continue to let you speak for yourself...much more amusing that way.

#30     May 4, 2007