Republican Presidential Debate Showcased Impressive Candidates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 4, 2007.

1. Yeah romney's whole life has been a chronical of disastrous decisions brought on by his mormonism. Not really. None of the candidates in either party can match his accomplishments, nor the way he has lived his life. If there is one thing I am confident of, it is that he will not be some embarrassing national televangelist for the LDS. It's funny that people who profess to be worried about his faith don't seem to have a problem with Bill Clinton being loose in the White House again.

#11     May 4, 2007
  2. You cant be serious. You actually believe that three groups of ancient Hebrews came from Israel to the Americas and buried a golden plate with a message from God that joseph smith just happen to find and used as the basis for his religion. Then the plate just happend to disappear so no one else could check its validity?

#12     May 4, 2007
  3. Have you ever read it?

#13     May 4, 2007
  4. No i have not but if told by a known con man that he had such a plate i think most thinking people would question it.
    Have you read it? If not why would you believe it?

#14     May 4, 2007
  5. That's because nobody can really come up with any bad decisions that might result from him being mormon.

What I find most interesting is that if everyone attacking him were to find out what mormoms really teach in terms of how to live your life, a good part of them might think about becoming mormons too. :)

#15     May 4, 2007
  6. Of course I've read it, and studied the background of the church in depth, as well as the background of catholicism, buddhism, and a bit on Martin Luther and Jehovas Whitnesses.

{edit} A known con man??? The kid was 14 when he first started talking about it. Pretty advanced life of crime for a 14 year old farm boy.

#16     May 4, 2007
  7. Paul and Gilmore in that order.

The others were an embarrassment... With their stupid red ties and sucking dick of the kook job right.

#17     May 4, 2007
  8. well tell us. when you studied the morman church background what did you find?

http://www.ronaldbrucemeyer.com/rants/0406almanac.htm

#18     May 4, 2007
  9. Like I said, typical uninformed hate literature from someone who tried to make himself sound informed on the topic.

This article is just like all of them. It depends on whether you are listening to someone who believes him or not. The ones who don't, always go to great lengths to prove that the history of the book cannot be accurate. Their evidence is as shaky as the evidence in favor of its accuracy.

Read the book without bias if possible, then consider if you were a rather poorly educated young man, wether you'd be able to write it. Then if you made it up, would you be willing to die for it?

None of the witnesses who supposedly saw the plates ever denied their account.

#19     May 4, 2007
  10. Funny, very funny watching the neoklowns and repugniklans faun over the stiff white dudes in blue suits...

These were the same geniuses who backed Bush, who backed the Iraq war, who licked Bush's boots for 6 years until they saw that the people were starting to swing away from the lying sack of shit pandering cronyism that has become the republican party.

#20     May 4, 2007