Republican Jewish Coalition Bars Ron Paul From Debate: ‘He’s misguided and extreme’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Dec 2, 2011.

1. In no way, shape or form does it qualify him as a constitutional lawyer, let alone some kind of authority on the issue. Seriously man, best legal minds can't always agree on their interpretation of the Constitution, yet you blindly believe the views of some doctor/congressman with no legal background whatsoever.

#31     Dec 2, 2011
  2. I'd say 30 years of watching this country go down the toilet and predicting many of the events that have transpired make him an authority on what we should and should not do as a nation.

Also, your insinuation that my belief in his positions is "blind" lacks any foundation. Perhaps you'd care to establish that foundation at this time?

Finally, it was very good of you, by the way, to include the fact that Ron Paul, is, in fact, a Congressman. However, I submit your faith in lawyers is a bit misplaced. Obama is a Constitutional lawyer by trade and he has gone further than any elected official in American history in usurping his oath of office. Do you agree or disagree with that assertion?

#32     Dec 2, 2011
  3. rew

rew

An anti-Semite today is simply someone who does not believe that the U.S. government should take tax dollars from American citizens and give them to Israel. Only by that definition is Ron Paul an "anti-Semite". (According to arch warmonger and Zionist David Horowitz, Paul is a "vicious anti-Semite" for precisely that reason.) I also qualify as an "anti-Semite" by that definition. I do not like the way that our foreign policy has been hijacked by a tiny country in the Middle East, one that treats both Muslims and Christians as second class citizens. I have no desire to give my money to a country that wouldn't let me immigrate even if I wanted to.

#33     Dec 2, 2011
  4. Actually an anti-Semite today is someone who believes that the Jews rule the world and/or that America is run from Tel Aviv. This is a 2,000 year old antisemitic canard but don't take my word for it, re-read the Protocols.

And ironically you can actually immigrate to Israel. Convert to Judaism, marry a Jew, marry an Israeli, find a job there...The avenues to immigrate to Israel are about the same as to any other Western democratic country. You won't be treated as a second class citizen either, you will get all the benefits of the citizenship, you'll have a right to vote, elect, be elected, be protected by law etc. If you want a place you can't immigrate to - try any muslim country. You can't even visit Mecca and Medina, let alone move there.

#34     Dec 2, 2011
  5. Really, which other western democracies force you to change your religion before allowing you to live there? Most democracies allow this little thing called freedom of religion, but I'm sure you knew that.

#35     Dec 2, 2011
  6. LOL my faith in Lawyers? What lawyers? My faith as far as the Constitution is concerned is in the Supreme Court Judges, not lawyers. Your faith in congressmen and in the ability of this one totally unqualified congressman to interpret the constitution is indeed misplaced.

#36     Dec 2, 2011
  7. Actually they don't. You have this unique possibility to immigrate to Israel in addition to all other avenues available in other Western countries.

It's not like you can land in France, Spain or Italy and live and work there. You have to get married, get a job etc. Israel provides all the same ways to immigrate to Israel legally, plus you can convert to Judaism.

#37     Dec 2, 2011
  8. LOL, yes, your faith in lawyers. Very slippery of you to sidestep the question I posed concerning our Constitutional lawyer President Obama so I will ask it again; Obama is a Constitutional lawyer by trade and he has gone further than any elected official in American history in usurping his oath of office. Do you agree or disagree with that assertion? Also, many actual Constitutional lawyers have come out and agreed with pretty much everything Dr Paul has ever said. I can provide you a list if you like but something tells me you will just pretend it isn't there.

Also, you stated my belief in Congressman Paul's Constitutional bona fides was "blind". I brought up that you characterizing my belief in his Constitutionality as such, was without proper foundation...and you sidestepped that as well. Since this is my first time debating you on this forum I have to ask, do you plan on backing up any of your claims or are you just full of piss and wind?

#38     Dec 2, 2011
  9. Why the hell would I want to convert to Judaism? So I can be one of the "chosen"? Organized religion is probably responsible for more pain and suffering than any other cause throughout human history...forgive me if I choose to sit that collective lunacy out.

Also, I submit to you that, in light of the religious requirement, immigrating to Israel is not, in fact, like immigrating to other western democracies. Not even close. It would be more akin to immigrating to a theocracy. You should take care to make your statements factual. We get enough misleading garbage from our corporate media.

#39     Dec 2, 2011
  10. rew

rew

Well, I could immigrate to Saudi Arabia if I converted to Islam. So how's that any worse than having to convert to Judaism to immigrate to Israel? And no, neither I nor Ron Paul promote the Protocols of Zion. But it is a fact that AIPAC controls our foreign policy. When AIPAC says, "Jump!" Congress says, "How high?"

#40     Dec 2, 2011