Republican Insider: GOP Establishment Plans To Subvert Iowa to Prevent Ron Paul Win

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Jan 3, 2012.

1. wjk

wjk

I'm no Paul nut, but I like some of his domestic ideas. I'm sick of voting for liberal Repubs. Much to the excitement of the Obama zombies, it is unlikely I would vote Romney if he has anyone but a conservative or libertarian on his ticket. His assault on Gingrich showed me everything I need to know about him (along with his flip-flop record). He has never wanted for money...ever. He betrayed his own religion when he was pro-choice… if he actually was pro-choice. He will betray my vote as McCain did, and as my own gov Crist did.

I can easily see a vote third party if Romney tops the ticket and adds a Rino for veep. If Paul goes 3rd party, that's fine. He'll draw votes from both sides...and that's not a guarenteed victory for Obama. If Paul is out, I'll consider Johnson.

The sorry fucking thing is that if we get Obama again, he will make nominations to the supreme court as some of those people are getting really old...and we can kiss our second amendment rights goodbye if that happens. What's even more fucked up, I can honestly say I don't know what type of individual Romney would appoint. He has been on both sides of that issue, too, if memory serves me right. If he thinks it's politically expedient, he may very well put an anti-2cnd judge or person up should the opening occur.

I'm sick of lying slick ass politicians. Many are nothing but bums who've found rich saps to bum money off of so they can get elected through their bullshit and run our lives, even though not all of us want our lives run. As far as Paul goes, I'm no longer as concerned with the foreign matters as domestic. I would find it easier to vote for Paul if he could see himself in the Whitehouse. If anyone's interested, Michael Scheuer is now in the Paul camp.

I recently read that Santorum supported super-RINO Specter (2004 I think), which all but eliminates him from my support. Fucked up GOP. I'm running out of choices, which makes Paul look more attractive every day.

Just once in my lifetime, I hope I can vote for someone I can actually believe when he/she states what they stand for....just once.

#11     Jan 3, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I recall feeling the same way, back in the '80s, when Reagan was pres.

#12     Jan 3, 2012
  3. wjk

wjk

What did you fear from his potential court nominations?

#13     Jan 3, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

The country moving even farther to the right.

#14     Jan 3, 2012
  5. wjk

wjk

Did you fear losing any of your freedoms (excluding abortion), and if so, which? Serious question.

I ask this in all seriousness as I feel my freedoms our threatened far more under the left than under the right. History has proven this in other countries...repeatedly.

#15     Jan 3, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Yes. Hard to point to specific freedoms, because the unintended consequences of interpreting the Constitution more in favor of capital than in favor of labor works its way out in often surprising ways. And remember, this was a time when the man appointed to represent the nation's public forests thought it was ok to cut them down, making a "runway for God". Other Reagan deeds, cutting education, increasing military expenditures (to protect our well educated populace?), closing mental hospitals, consulting astrologists... you just didn't want that kind of man getting his kind of justice nominated.

#16     Jan 3, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

History proves nothing of the sort. The English tea trade, in one century, is estimated to have killed 40 million people. That's just one colonial power, one commodity, one century.

#17     Jan 3, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ooh you hear that? It's the sound of someones credibility going down the drain.

Specifics are good.

#18     Jan 3, 2012
  9. wjk

wjk

The hell it doesn't!!!

Let’s talk about Stalin and Mao for starters. That's the history I'm talking about. Their left wing philosophies, espoused often by our very own left wing politicians and their appointees (Anita Dunn anyone?), killed how many?

#19     Jan 3, 2012
  10. Mercor

Mercor

What happen to this big issue in 2008....McCain and his age

McCain 72 years old / Paul 78 years old

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12884.html

But, c’mon, McCain’s age is a legitimate issue, and it is a disservice to try to sweep it under the table and pretend like he is just another middle-aged white Republican male running for president. The age difference between McCain and Obama (25 years) is the largest in American history between the two major-party nominees. If elected, he would be the oldest man ever inaugurated as a first-term president — three years older than Ronald Reagan, and fours years older than William Henry Harrison, the current record holders.

The average life expectancy for an American male at present is 75.4 years. As of today, McCain is just three and half years short of that statistic — and a presidential term is four years long, as we all know. Despite McCain’s history as an ace fighter pilot and a fighter squadron trainer, he is today too old by 12 years to legally fly a commercial airliner. Even in the ancient confines of the Vatican, cardinals who run major departments must retire at age 75.

No matter what people are now telling pollsters, and despite McCain’s attempt to laugh it off, his age will be an issue with some voters this fall. This is not just conjecture — or wishful thinking — on my part. It is based on fairly recent experience with a candidate who was the exact same age McCain is today.

#20     Jan 3, 2012