Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

More "whites" than "blacks" get social assistance.

#21     Nov 14, 2012

2. Do you have a breakdown on that claim? Not that I think you are wrong, as the recent economic downturn has seen more white people using food stamps. Where will the money come from? Fed buying it's own debt? Sounds like the end of the welfare state as we know it.

#22     Nov 14, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

We actually have a significant number of delusional partisan hacks in this forum.

#23     Nov 14, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

He's right, but he and his elk fail to consider the percentage of whites receiving welfare vs the percentage of blacks. There are simply more whites to begin with.

#24     Nov 14, 2012
  5. That sounds shocking if you are stupid enough to believe that there are an equal amount of whites & blacks in this country. The fact is, there are 1/4 of a BILLION whites in this country and a mere 40 million blacks.

If you had an equal population of blacks & whites then the numbers would be for every 1 white person on food stamps, there are 4 black people on food stamps.

#25     Nov 14, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Is it the rate of social assistance usage by race you're concerned about, i.e. finger pointing, or the problem of social assistance usage?

#26     Nov 14, 2012
  7. Its the mentality of the specific demographics I'm concerned about.

#27     Nov 14, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh, you're no doubt referring to the character flaw that causes need.

#28     Nov 14, 2012