Republican Eric Cantor - Virginia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Cantor is a prime example of what is so incredibly wrong about the Republican Party these days, and Congress as well . . .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/#29772232

Doesn't even know how he's going to vote on the 90% Taxation Bill on the day of the vote.

Looks like half of the House Republicans just voted to raise taxes on a group of people from 35% to 90%.

So much for the GOP.
    I don't even know who the Party stands for anymore.

2. The real issue is how it even got to the point that it needed to be voted on!

3. That little homo reporter has his panties all in a wad over Cantor.

4. I don't see it as an easy vote. The principle is terrible, but allowing taxpayer funds to underwrite huge bonuses for the very people who blew up the company is also terrible. One justification for going along with it is that it will deter other companies from seeking federal bailouts.

Why pick on Cantor? I would say, far from being symbolic of what is wrong with republicans, he is a role model for what the party should be.

5. Makes sense however, Landis feels that this is some grand master plan by Pelosi to 'trap' republicans, Cantor being one of the rats.

Pass the popcorn!

6. LOL...funny you should say that. I understand that it is widely accepted that Cantor is a delicate little flower who ain't exactly all that bright.

But if you want to claim him as "a role model," of what the party should be knock yourself out.

:D:D:D

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Landis is desperately trying to rationalize his support for the dems and Obama. So he doesn't have to look in the mirror and admit he fucked up.

8. You can't be SERIOUS.
    In the eyes of Grover Norquist, Cantor is an EPIC fail.

He just voted to increase the tax rate from 35% to 90%. What kind of a "role-model" is that???

9. Not that simple and you know it. Are you in favor of enormous bonuses paid by taxpayers? AIG should have gone bankrupt and these geniuses would have received nothing.