Republican debate in South Carolina: Ron Paul takes drubbing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Ron Paul clearly has the most impassioned supporters who I'm sure tweeted in to support him but the probability of him being elected president is still zero.

#11     Jan 17, 2012
  2. Not if he gets the GOP nomination imo

#12     Jan 17, 2012
  3. And that's because the majority Americans are naive, stupid, brainwashed, and GREEDY!

All they care about is "their wallet right now".. and "to hell with the future of their children/grandchildren and the future of America", in general.

:mad: :mad:

#13     Jan 17, 2012
  4. I've lost a lot of respect for Fox News over the way they've treated Paul, both this cycle and in the '08 cycle.

I think the characterization that he was ignored for the first 40 minutes, then hit with posionous questions is exactly right. Certainly it was my reaction, and I'm not some wide-eyed Paul cultist.

I'm also beginning to have a lot less respect for republican primary voters. Are people in SC so dumb and so easily brainwashed that they actually believe our troops are accomplishing something worthwhile in Afghanistan? That they are "protecting our freedoms", to use one of Bush's idiotic and annoying catch phrases.

I get it that conservatives want the US to have a strong defense. I certainly do. Since we already spend more on defense than the rest of the world combined, maybe we need to rethink the whole issue. Is our defense made stronger or weaker by getting bogged down in 10 year nation-bulding exercises in Medieval hellholes like afghanistan? I just read an analysis that argued we would need to extend enormous financial support to that country until 2024, something in the order of $10 bill a year. Or risk seeing all our "accomplishments" collapse.

To me, that says more about how misguided our strategy is than anything else. Somehow we attacked them for sheltering bin Ladin and that obligates us to make them the friggin' 51st state? I don't get it and I would really like to hear some of those idiots who booed Paul explain it.

The biggest threat to our actual country is the wide open border. The next biggest is from muslim immigration. Very un-PC, but everyone knows it's true.

#14     Jan 17, 2012

5. +1 Brainwashed and stupid americans............an apt description.

#15     Jan 17, 2012
  6. Wow, hold me up. We agree on this to a big degree. Dr. Paul did an excellent job last night. His explanation of military spending vs. defense spending was spot on. Invading countries, killing tens of thousands, spending $billions, is just stupid.

c

#16     Jan 17, 2012
  7. We should all study a bit of world financial history. Within, we'd recall the Roman Empire collapsed primarily for 2 reasons... (1) Spending too much on military, trying to "protect" their vast empire... and (2) spending too much on "bread and circuses"...

IOW.. they OVERSPENT ON "GUNS AND BUTTER"... bringing them to financial ruin... JUST AS AMERICA IS DOING NOW!!

Ron Paul is saying, "Stop the insanity... before it's too late"!

:mad: :mad:

#17     Jan 17, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

I thought Paul seemed confused and was just babbling. Not presidential at all IMO.

Can anyone explain why his suit jackets never seem to fit? In every picture or video I've ever seen of Paul the collar of his jacket sticks up in the air instead of laying down flat around his neck and shoulders as it should. It contributes to making him look odd. Just curious what is the problem.

#18     Jan 17, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Competent applies to whether we would be able to detect such a person. Power refers to the ability China would have to put a team within America.

The point is, if we didn't know such a person was in the US, and if we didn't have the power to prevent a Chinese team from entering the US and taking that person out, would it be ok for China to do so?

#19     Jan 17, 2012
  10. Where have you been? Doctors, among other traits generally, (2) have poor penmanship, and (2) dress "marginally"... much like school teachers/Mensa members.

If Paul wins the Presidency, I'm sure his image committee will dress him in Armani.

#20     Jan 17, 2012