Republican debate 10-11

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I agree with you so long as you're at the tip of the spear.

#41     Oct 12, 2011
  2. JamesL

JamesL

#42     Oct 12, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Fat, white guy did NOT rule out VP. He simply said nobody would ever pick him.

I just had an idea though. Trump is kind of blackmailing Romney in a way to get on the ticket. I really don't think Trump wants to waste all the time that is required to actually run as a 3rd party, but as the VP, all he would have to do is one debate and make a few appearances. He keeps saying he might run, I think he is positioning himself as a VP.

#43     Oct 12, 2011
  4. JamesL

JamesL

Good thought but I think it would be political suicide to run a Presidential ticket if there was no color to it, especially in this era when the Republicans are all thought of as either inbred cousins or rich WHITE men. And I hope they are not that stupid.

But that could be wishful thinking on my part. :D

#44     Oct 12, 2011
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I would think that anyone who becomes the republican nominee should consider discussing the VP job with Rubio.

The hispanic vote is ripe for the picking. A Perry/Rubio ticket would bring hispanic voters into the republican party by the millions. Perry doesn't seem to be connecting very well though.

#45     Oct 12, 2011
  6. You would think with his tuition for illegal immigrants stance he would be.

#46     Oct 12, 2011
  7. What was sad is watching Newt resorting to being the craziest guy at the table. I guess when you're the self appointed smartest guy in the room, supposed intellectual giant, and you find yourself unable to even keep up with a loon like Bachman in the polls...what else is left?

#47     Oct 12, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Next time you steal a line from Barney Frank you should atleast give him credit, i just saw that exact line on hardball with Chris Matthews, not more then 15 minutes ago. You got any thoughts of your own, or is "Fuck bankers, fuck CEO's, Fuck Wallstreet" as deep as you get?

Barney Frank on MSNBC Chris Matthews: "Well first of all you have to understand when you think you are the intellectual leader of the free world and you find yourself struggling to pass michelle bachmann in a poll in Iowa it is unsettling."

#48     Oct 12, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

+1 :)

#49     Oct 12, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

+1 to Tivo for giving me the ability to rewind and find it. :D

#50     Oct 12, 2011