Republican debate 10-11

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Oct 11, 2011.

1. I've been paying attention to the media for some time, politics, only the last 10 years or so. When I served in the USMC (90's) the media was considered the enemy of the government. During some of the anti terrorism courses I taught, the media was a detriment to the mission, and a boon to terrorists. It was a common theme in much of the course material I provided.

Of course, this was all during the 90's and oh how times have changed. After 9/11/2001, the (traditional) media practically fused with government, exemplified by the run up to the Iraq war. I guess this is my queue, I have a mission.

#31     Oct 12, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I believe you. I just need to see examples because I'm just having a really hard time walking over the bridge from the hypothetical to the actual.

#32     Oct 12, 2011
  3. It may take a while but I will be in touch.

#33     Oct 12, 2011
  4. I did not quote anyone here because as 2012 gets near, fight club gets smart, happens every election cycle.

Cain is DOA. Their guy is Romney. I have been consistent with this.

It will be Romney against Obama. Now Mittens needs to pick his Veep carefully as this could be the difference maker.

All this political theatre is nice, but that is all it is.

#34     Oct 12, 2011
  5. I agree Romney has been a recurring theme but the GOP does not seem to believe they can get a Joe Smith disciple elected. Hence, all the hot potato. Time may yet still prove you correct.

#35     Oct 12, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

If Christie gets the VP nod, Romney wins in a landslide.

#36     Oct 12, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yeah but would Christie accept?

#37     Oct 12, 2011
  8. JamesL

JamesL

It will be a woman or a Latino.

Or a Latino woman.

#38     Oct 12, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not a fat white guy? Oh come on!

#39     Oct 12, 2011
  10. I support Romney as long as he agrees to war with Iran.

God bless Israel and USA.

#40     Oct 12, 2011