Republican debate 10-11

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Bachman is white bread toast, she's done
    Perry still floundering but not as badly
    Romney looking strong
    Cain coming across good
    Huntsman, loved the disgust displayed in his body language when Bachmann said she was a tax attorney, other than that weak
    performance
    Newt, intelligence salted with nonsense, unimpressive
    Paul has exited the stage

Edit: Santorum, they haven't let him talk much, so no opinion yet.

2. Ouch, Perry just got spanked by Romney in the Q&A with each other.

3. Bachmann is a nut but I love the way she hammers Perry every chance she gets LOL !!!

4. BSAM

BSAM

Bachmann: Running for VP.
    Huntsman: Running for VP.
    Gingrich: Running for VP.
    Santorum: Trying too hard. Appears too abrasive/obnoxious/aggressive.
    Perry: Seems slow/sneaky.
    Romney: As you stated, he did spank Perry once. Well prepared, but seems too much like a "politician".
    Paul: Very smart and well informed. Real. Tells it like it is. Age may be a negative for him, unfortunately.
    Cain: Not a phony. Not a politician. (These are good things.) Exhibits common sense/energy/enthusiasm. Funny to see the others attacking him. If I was allowed to vote, this would be my pick of the litter.

(P.S.---Sarah Palin is a dope.)

5. Max E.

Max E.

Favourite part was when Gingrich slapped around Bernanke and Barney Frank.

Or else when Bachmann nailed Perry.

6. JamesL

JamesL

Well if Romney gets the nod, which seems more likely, Huntsman is out of the picture. Won't have 2 Mormons on the ticket, so if anything, Huntsman should be running for 2016.

7. If only these debates were actual debates where each and every candidate on the stage gets the same questions and the same amount of face time. Obviously, our kingmakers in the corporate media will not allow that because they get to tell us who the front runner is. I guess I'm somewhat over that. However, as to the contention that Cain came across well, I disagree on two fronts.

First, when Dr Paul posed the following to Cain:

"Mr. Cain, in the past you have been rather critical of any of us who would want to audit the Fed. You have said -- you've used pretty strong terms, that we were ignorant and that we didn't know what we are doing, and therefore, there was no need for an audit anyway, because if you had one, you're not going to find out anything, because everybody knows everything about the Fed," Paul said.

"But now that we have found and we have gotten an audit, we have found out an awful lot on how special businesses get bailed out -- Wall Street, the banks, and special companies, foreign governments. And you said that you advise those of us who were concerned, and you belittled -- you say call up the Federal Reserve and just ask them. ... Do you still stick by this, that that this is frivolous, or do you think it's very important? Sixty-four percent of the American people want a full audit of the Fed on a regular basis."

Cain's response was that he didn't oppose an audit, and that when he served on the Fed it was a different institution. "You have misquoted me. I did not call you or any of your people ignorant. I don't know where that came from," he said. "You've gotta be careful of the stuff you get off the Internet."

Damn bro, you don't know where it came from? How about your own mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q18jMzTWJ9A

The last thing we need in the White House is another liar.

Second, his 999 plan effectively raises taxes on most of the country and simply will not fly. I prefer Dr Paul's plan. Zero zero zero.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/11/ron-paul-herman-cain-fed-audit-gop-debate_n_1006228.html

8. Max E.

Max E.

Cain also botched the question where they were asked which guys at the fed did a good job, and he said he liked Greenspan and everyone else was laughing at him because Greenspan was one of the biggest disasters the country has ever seen.

9. It will be interesting to see how the kingmakers attempt to spin this because lying is one thing but lying to protect the Fed, in today's political climate, should prove disastrous. We shall see.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Cain has no chance. The media is propping him up because it makes for good TV. Look, as much as we all say we want a businessman in Washington and not a politician, we really want and need a politician. We just need a smart one. Cain is a very smart guy, very accomplished and could probably run a business better then anyone on that stage. But that is only part of being President. Governing is a lot harder then running a business.

#10     Oct 12, 2011