republican budget director. we need major tax increases not decreases

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Ok. What I am getting at is, in theory, if that number is valid, then if absolutely everyone did what you recommend, at the end of the day 18% of them still would not have landed a job.

#21     Dec 7, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

my god you're predictable.

sure it works both ways. but as the payer of the bill, i have a right to demand proof that what i am paying for is being used properly.

#22     Dec 7, 2010
  3. Yeah sure, that should make your country competitive on the world stage in the years to come.

It's all about you and it's all about now, isn't it?

#23     Dec 7, 2010
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

sorry, i'm not following you.

#24     Dec 7, 2010
  5. Agreed.

#25     Dec 7, 2010
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

actually, it would. it would make it far more so than it is today.

google "newark privatization experiment" with christie and newark mayor

or "examples of student success in privatized schools"

there was even a 20/20 show i saw recently about it.

test scores go up, costs go down. it's been proven. i'm not about to do all the research for you, gab.

#26     Dec 7, 2010
  7. Then have another lemon and demand proof. As you so adroitly put it:

#27     Dec 7, 2010
  8. You really need to look up "first-order thinking." Really.

#28     Dec 7, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

typical gabby. ignore the basis of the argument and just try to turn people's words against them.

i am paying taxes that go to increased unemployment benefits. until i see proof that my money is being used properly, i have a right to resist this entitlement package be charged to my taxes.

YOU are not paying for any public school system here. YOU have no right to demand anything regarding it, and even if you were American and did pay taxes here, no one is suggesting you pay more on the subject - that is not the debate at all. if you were american and were paying taxes to the public school system, you could demand to know how your dollars are being spent. in fact, i'd argue you should. there is a ton of data on the subject.

so buzz off unless you have a compelling counter argument to the unemployment benefit discussion. because youre just wasting my time.

#29     Dec 7, 2010
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

no, i don't. i think outside the box just fine, and do so at work consistently.

if it's anyone who needs to, it's the government.

you need to recall (because I'm sure you've heard it) the definition of insanity. because THAT fits the Unemployment Bill extension perfectly.

#30     Dec 7, 2010