republican Alan Simpson Slams Fellow Republicans For Unwillingness To Compromise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 29, 2012.

1. Put David A. Stockman and Alan Simpson in a room for a week, and we take whatever they come up with, no questions asked. The nation would be better off.

#11     May 29, 2012
  2. yes they had about 1 year until kennedy died and scott brown took over. just incase you forgot they were kind of busy back then trying to save the country from the george bush inspired meltdown plus they were tied up in a healthcare battle.

#12     May 29, 2012
  3. God bless them.

#13     May 29, 2012
  4. god is republican. just ask them.

#14     May 29, 2012
  5. Obama is a republican?

#15     May 29, 2012
  6. i would say he is a moderate republican of the 1980s. he governs as a 1980s republican. his policies are moderate republican.

#16     May 29, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, idiot extremists like you who think Republicans are the only problem...are the problem.

Actually we could.

#17     May 29, 2012
  8. Well then...

#18     May 29, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

If tax increases were phased in bit by bit at the same time as spending decreases, it was a 4-1 ratio of spending decrease to tax increase, and they made a deal that there is no new spending until the budget is balanced i could live with that.

The fuckers are already Reneging on the measly 2 trillion they fought to the brink of default over, so there is simply no way to trust them to raise taxes today with futures spending decreases put off to some other point in the future.

#19     May 29, 2012
  10. I agree with the phase in aspect you have here. The ratio might be a little skewed more than I would like, but I'm sure that could be worked out.
    Why can't these idiots do more than one thing at a time? December is going to be a real interesting month if these morons don't come up with something prior to the election, and I for one don't expect them to do anything of substance before the end of the year.

#20     May 29, 2012