Reps could've had this election wrapped up...... but Evangelicals ruined it!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilduckling, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Actually I sad "though the economy was doing pretty well"

It is funny to go back to "W"s campaign promises and everything he promised turned out to be a f*cking lie:

Uniter not a divider -ruled largely to please his base
    "Compassionate conservative" tax cuts for the rich screw everyone else(You are doing a heck of a job Brownie)
    Railing against overextension of US overseas and nation building -haha very funny
    Bringing dignity and honor to the white house - another joke.

#11     Oct 21, 2008
  2. I think he reflects pretty well small town American values.

[​IMG]

#12     Oct 21, 2008
  3. bump!

#13     Oct 24, 2008
  4. McCain can still win. Romney would not have had a better chance.

#14     Oct 24, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

How could McCain still win? It's going to be a landslide, for Obama. I don't think the polls are even close, we will be in for a shock at how unified the country is behind Obama on November 5th. I'm not claiming its a good thing, but it's a true thing.

Also, everyone keeps saying that McCain's only chance now is a terrorist attack. I think that would be the worst thing that could happen to him. McCain had the goose w/ the golden egg when he had the opportunity to oppose this bailout, but he pissed that away and he will lose because of it. If there is another terrorist attack though I think that people will be very angry, angry at Bush and the republicans for not having gotten bin Ladin after all this time, angry for diverting so much time, energy, wealth and so many lives to Iraq and for wasting the political capital we got from 9-11. If another terrorist attack happens I think that the Obama landslide victory would turn into a tsunami.

#15     Oct 24, 2008
  6. Had McCain voted against the bailout, I'd be campaigning for him right now.
    He could have called the banks on their bluff. and just told them "Fail !"

The politicians chickened out for 700 drop in the DOW, and what happened since post-bailout ???? It crashed and still is.

He failed the leadership test.

The US taxpayer has been savagely raped for the last 8 years, by the party that claims to stand for him. Why are we still spending a CENT on Irak ? what kind of victory costs 10 Billion per month.,

#16     Oct 24, 2008
  7. I still think that Obama would be ahead, although by perhaps a tighter margin. "Supply side economics" seems to be losing its luster of late, particularly since the concept is wishful thinking on the part of the rich and essentially full of shit. Romney would, no doubt, be peddling "supply side economics," a bogus concept that is falling on increasingly deaf ears among the middle class. Whoever the Republican candidate would have been, his suit would still be plaid.

#17     Oct 24, 2008