Repository of Option Theory Papers

Discussion in 'Options' started by Emilio_Lizardo, Jul 14, 2009.

1. nitro

nitro

Ok,

Go here

http://www.khomsanph.net/visualwget/#whatsnew

Click and download where it says:

Setup executable - 978 KB - Recommended

Install VisualWget.

Once installed, run it and create a new job by clicking on the Jobs->New menu.

Type in the URL(s) box:

"ftp://71.251.213.163/Options/*.*"

Sit back and relax. You may have to go into each directory and download those if your recursive download doesn't work (click on recursive checkbox on job screen).

Start reading, hire a quant, two programmers, two traders, and you are ready to go. :D

PS if lots of people download all at once, it will probably overwhelm the FTP server.

#11     Jul 18, 2009
  2. jasonc

jasonc

I used wget and used it in command prompt but did not do anything extra to creat a directory and now all the files are being downloaded but i cannot find them on my comuter. Anyone know where they would be saved to? thanks for the help

#12     Jul 18, 2009
  3. i'm being asked for a name / password to connect now...

#13     Jul 18, 2009
  4. nitro

nitro

Why don't you use the search command for a file you know was downloaded?

#14     Jul 18, 2009
  5. jasonc

jasonc

For some reason nothing comes up even when i try to search for the names. I just gave up on it and used visualWget instead which is working awesome and very easy to use so i would suggest that for anyone looking to download these files.

#15     Jul 18, 2009
  6. That happened today.

The machine is an ancient PIII box running an ancient shareware FTP server, with limited bandwidth.

I have restarted the FTP service with simultaneous connections limited to 100. It should run more smoothly now.

I underestimated the level of interest in this type of material.

#16     Jul 18, 2009
  7. Emilio --Thank you so much-- clearly the interst there-
    Hopefully the anonymous login will be restored.
    Will you consider extending the open-door period?

Many thanks,
    ~BBen

#17     Jul 18, 2009
  8. It turns out you can just highlight everything, right-click and click Copy To and it'll download everything into the specified folder.

Thanks for posting these.

#18     Jul 19, 2009
  9. i am also interested in an open door extension

#19     Jul 19, 2009
  10. Drcha, I have attached a listing of all the files on the site. If there are any in particular you want, pm me and I will email them to you.

#20     Jul 19, 2009