Reporting obligations

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraDaToR, Mar 7, 2018.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello,

I guess a good part of professional traders are incorporated, so as such, we have to deal with increasing regulatory obligations, and most notably reporting obligations.

I am incorporated in Switzerland and next year, I will have to start reporting my trades under Finfrag, and since Switzerland doesn't recognize the trades reported under EMIR or Dodd-Frank, the DIY solution fees are nothing less than outrageous. It's like having a second professional platform + set up fees + copious amounts of time lost calibrating the solution, so that the regulator can obtain your incredible trades and decide to never ever control them...

I am interested in hearing what you guys in the US or Europe are paying per month to fulfill your reporting obligations?

Thanks a lot.

2. Actually I am not incorporated. Here in the USA there is no need to do that unless you have a special situation. Our new tax laws may change that but not so far.

TraDaToR likes this.
  3. 2rosy

2rosy

doesnt' your broker/clearer handle this for you? if not just get a drop copy

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Actually I guess if I was in the EU, not in Switzerland, it would be easier. When I was at Marex( UK ), I remember the delegated reporting was really cheap, but that was before Mifid2. I don't know now.

I trade with a US FCM so I guess they don't do delegated reporting, especially to Switzerland. They just sent me the reference of their preferred third party...

5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Is that easy enough to process ? I am not really tech savvy.