Report: Snowden Deliberately Took Job As Contractor To Get NSA Evidence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Jun 24, 2013.

1. JamesL

JamesL

Edward Snowden secured a job with a US government contractor for one reason alone - to obtain evidence of Washington's cyberspying networks, the South China Morning Post can reveal.

For the first time, Snowden has admitted he sought a position at Booz Allen Hamilton so he could collect proof about the US National Security Agency's secret surveillance programmes ahead of planned leaks to the media.

"My position with Booz Allen Hamilton granted me access to lists of machines all over the world the NSA hacked," he told the Post on June 12. "That is why I accepted that position about three months ago."

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...oz-allen-job-gather-evidence-nsa-surveillance

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Good. Who cares why he did it. He exposed illegal operations wherein the US government is spying on it's citizens. As far as I'm concerned, I don't even care if he was a spy, as long as he exposed it.

3. Mercor

Mercor

Did he also expose Intelligence? Who knows yet?

Has he endangered the lives of others by saving you from your Government?

4. BSAM

BSAM

Exactly.

5. BSAM

BSAM

BULLSHIT.

Oldest trick in the NSA/CIA/FBI book.

6. pspr

pspr

I've got to go with Tsing on this one. What he did by exposing the government spying on all of us and how far they are going is much much more valuable to us than what ever he might have said about U.S. hacking into China. China isn't stupid, they already know what's going on as far as hacking into their systems just like we know about their hacking.

7. Eight

Eight

this spying issue has taken Benghazi and all the other evidence that the current admin is idiotic right off the news...

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

How convenient, but then the sheeple have very short attention spans anyway.

9. achilles28

achilles28

I'm happy if any Joe Sixpack takes a job with Government for the express purpose of exposing corruption and illegality.

That deserves six figures, in my books. We desperately need more Snowdens', Tices' and Edmonds' in the public service. Not compliant little criminals that, 'just follow orders'.

10. wjk

wjk

We need the fuckers we send to congress to do exactly what Snowden did. They choose to change sides when they get there, though. Amazing how the the left and right in congress have joined forces against Snowden. Very telling. One party rule has arrived.

#10     Jun 24, 2013