Report Periods on Intraday Charts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mtb4u, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mtb4u

mtb4u

I'm kind of new here, so hello to all.

I've two questions regarding Intraday Charts:

1) is there a program or place online where I can find past intraday charts?-the one's I have currently only track back a month or so and are terribly difficult to play around with. Furthermore, is there a software that breaks the intraday charts up into spread-sheets for CAD or Stat-program input?

2) it seems that most of the intraday charts I've got are broken down into periods of either a 5-minute average length or a length divisible by 5-minutes. are there more accurate charts available?

Once again, I'm new here, and so I apologize if my starting a thread with only a couple of posts is seen as rude.

Cheers!

2. Sounds horrible. What chart system are you using?

99% of the successful traders on this site and that I've known of are usually using one of the following charting services:

IRT
    eSignal
    enSign
    Trade Station

trading without a decent chart is like watching a movie with no greasy popcorn. Ok bad analogy! How about driving with your eyes closed? ok yes, thats better.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

3. mtb4u

mtb4u

Honestly, I used to get everything I needed from E-Trade, quote.com, nasdaq.com, etc. I'm not actively trading right now, although I'll be doing some in Feb and Mar. I'm holding long on all of my two positions :p ; I need the data for some research I'm doing on risk-probabilities that arise in the short-term trading of companies whose price charts reveal statistically significant autocorrelation or correlation with social trends. I need information that has a large, very well partitioned domain, whose data I can extract without losing my mind.

Do any of these programs offer extraction of data onto a spreadsheet? Which do you recommend, now that I've given you my full problem?

Oh, and I appreciate your help a lot, sir. Thank you very much.

Cheers!