Report names the best and worst diets for 2020

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Jan 5, 2020.

1. #21     Jan 9, 2020
  2. speedo

speedo

Plain tofu is nasty, it needs to be flavored and toasted which gives it texture and then added to a dish where it will absorb the flavor of the dish.

https://minimalistbaker.com/quick-easy-crispy-tofu/

#22     Jan 9, 2020
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I actually tried that recipe last month and it sucked. There was a little crispiness on the outside by for the most part it tasted like a toasted sponge.

#23     Jan 9, 2020
  4. speedo

speedo

I haven't personally tried that one but if it sucked it sucked.

#24     Jan 9, 2020

5. Just be careful on the portion size. Peanut Butter has 25g of Protein if you have 3.5 servings which is about 680 calories.

For the cashews you would need 575 calories to get those 15 grams of protein.

100g of chicken breast is 167 calories and 31g of protein. Way more efficient.

But if you want to go plant route you may need to rely more on protein drink.

I think the chart distorts the issue with respect to servings. If you are looking to workout and stay lean or lose weight and need 125-150g of protein you might have to take in 2500-3000 calories of plant based protein to get there.

#25     Jan 9, 2020
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  6. I imagine legumes would be a principal source of protein in a vegan diet. They figure prominently in mine, and I'm not vegan.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    #26     Jan 9, 2020
  7. speedo

speedo

Yep, mixed with a whole grain, they provide pretty much a complete protein profile.

#27     Jan 9, 2020
  8. LacesOut

LacesOut

Christ stopping eating at 8pm is rough for me.
    I’m usually eating between 1pm-8pm. Results are good (but slow) and that’s with me not batting 1000.

I find though that I stuff my face with my late meal because my body knows I’m going Into fasting mode. I workout from 12-1, eat a reasonable lunch and dinner (about 800 cal each) and then 600 cal of unnecessary snacks.

I need to do something after dinner that takes my mind off snacking.

my friend went gluten free. Because it was really killing her stomach. She lost a shitload of gut weight (she was a big girl). Wonder if that might be it.

struggle continues!!!

#28     Jan 9, 2020
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  9. I've experimented with several eating windows and how much to eat at particular times. What I'm comfortable with now is 9am-3pm-ish, with a smaller breakfast just to satisfy the morning hunger, a larger lunch and a small but filling third meal. It breaks down to about 500 calories in the morning, 700-800 at lunch and usually another 700 or so at the third meal. Saying that, I have a completely different routine today. Had near a 1000 calories at a large breakfast, nothing for lunch and will eat here shortly and have a small meal, probably all vegs. I try to stay committed but somewhat flexible, and I'm happy with the results. Don't have all that much to lose so it's a slow go, but I'd bet someone with 50+ to lose would find results in the 8-10 lbs. per month range on this routine.
    And as I stated I've seen no loss of strength or endurance at the gym, none at all, ad this has been over several months now.

#29     Jan 9, 2020
    LacesOut likes this.
  10. LacesOut

LacesOut

I have too many excuses.
    Travel and family are killers.
    Plus I have no will power.

#30     Jan 9, 2020