Report: Mueller Partners With New York Attorney General To Investigate Manafort

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Spike Trader, Aug 31, 2017.

1. The focus is on money laundering.

Report: Mueller Partners With New York Attorney General To Investigate Manafort
    Trump’s former campaign chairman, a key figure in the Russia investigation, is being investigated for possible money laundering.

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Mueller has joined forces with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman — a longtime adversary of President Donald Trump — to investigate possible financial crimes by Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, according to Politico.

In recent weeks, Mueller’s and Schneiderman’s teams have been communicating frequently and sharing information, including evidence of possible money laundering, Politico reported Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...10ce4b0a8d145730992?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

2. Rumor has it that Trump is releasing Mueller and replacing him with Joe Arpaio.

this is breaking news , will be updated.

Tony Stark likes this.
  3. exGOPer

exGOPer

both Mueller’s team and Schneiderman’s have collected evidence on financial crimes, including potential money laundering.

:confused:

4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

:D:D:D:D

5. Sure, as discussed, Mueller is doing a full investigation.

Whatever you did not see done with Hillary, you will and are seeing done in the Trump investigation.

6. piezoe

piezoe

I would guess that you will be proven right. And of course there is a good reason for this and its not, by the way, that the Attorney Generals and the FBI directors and special counsels and the various administrations over the years have always loved Hillary and therefore wanted to overlook all her horrible crimes according to her accusers. In fact, its the same reason that despite her having been investigated on all kinds of matters, she has never been indicted, let alone convicted on any of the charges.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...roversies-from-whitewater-to-benghazi/396182/

7. I can agree that she was not convicted of anything in the email scandal after not being fully investigated.

Hillary is Hillary. She skates. That's what she does.

She got an order from the House Committee ordering her to preserve all her emails. Boom, suddenly next week 35,000 were deleted. Yup. Nothing found in the ones she deleted. She testified that all the ones she deleted were personal - related to her mothers funeral and chelseas wedding- yup, I am blieven that. When did she do any work?

And go all the way back to whitewater if you wish. Hillary's whitewater records were subpoened but she could not find them despite repeated and forceful requests. Then after the case blew over, they were found in a closet in the White House.

She skates. That's what she does. If you are Petreus or Flynn. You are not going to skate.

Except the people issued Hillary a verdict that she was not able to weasel out from under.

8. piezoe

piezoe

The problem for you may be, I would guess, that we are a nation of law, unevenly and imperfectly administered, as opposed to a nation of conjecture and innuendo.

I am by no means one of Hillary's supporters; though I harbor no personal animus toward her, I dreaded the idea of her as President. Yet I was given no choice. I was literally forced to vote for her by circumstances.

Regardless of my personal views of her, or of Donald Trump for that matter, I am able to move past what I personally characterize as rather trivial, politically motivated issues, and focus on what I consider to be of far greater importance. Although everyone can recognize reality; not everyone will. Nevertheless, it would be clear to most, if they stopped their bickering long enough to reflect, that as a matter of national interest we have neither the time nor resources to focus on both the major and minor issues simultaneously. Hillary Clinton is not President; Donald Trump is.

Let's also recognize that the for-profit media goal is first of all to sell advertising based on audience share, and only secondarily to provide accurate, evenhanded, unbiased reporting.

9. jem

jem

Piezoe once again deploys his tired old rhetorical devices...
    a. the my intellect compells me to make these leftist choices... baloney
    b. rewriting history to make himself seem reasonable, above the fray and not so partisan... since the issue is now moot.
    c. mere mortals ( in this case even the media) can not be expected to comprehend what I and the gifted elites understand.

reality here is a direct quote from Piezoe... the now reluctant (post election) Hillary cheerleader.

"She outlined, briefly, but succinctly, her demand side job stimulus plan. It went by too quickly for the media to grasp its importance. It will mean a huge boost to middle class jobs and income. She is also pushing a higher minimum wage. That will be a "huge", really "huge", demand side stimulus that will once again leave a little capital in the hands of the lower middle class. She is proposing all the right things. Maybe not as aggressively as I would like to see, but going in the right direction. Go, Hillary!"

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  10. piezoe

piezoe

I've seen this sort of statement often. We don't know about Flynn yet. He is apparently under investigation, so maybe he will "skate" as you put it, or perhaps not. But the Petreus matter was settled, and Petreus was sufficiently satisfied that his legal position made it preferable to settle with a fine. Hillary's email case never reached the stage in law where she was faced with the same decision Petreus had to make. The Petreus case might have served as a legal precedent to consider in assessing the level of wrongdoing found in the H. Clinton investigation. If the Petreus case did so serve, then apparently, in the eyes of the law, the H. Clinton case did not rise to a level of wrongdoing sufficient, as established by the Petreus case, to justify indictment.

This won't put an end to the conjecture and innuendo. Some part of the public will still see the intentional disclosure of immediate military tactics and troop movements to the General's "girl friend" as equivalent to Hillary's unintentional receiving of confidential documents on her personal, home server.

#10     Aug 31, 2017