Report from the Mississippi bridge collapse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Turok, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Turok

Turok

It's never a bad time to ridicule the absurd and tasteless positions of the Rat and Wael.

JB

(Edit: yes, I came back and corrected the multiple spelling errors in a one sentence post. LOL I think it was the spelling that I learned in jail) :)

#21     Aug 2, 2007
  2. Turok

Turok

> ... stuff, horrible stuff, happens without their help.

>What ever happened to just plain reporting and
    >solid, fact filled speeches and discussions?

Perfect - someone thoughtful enough to get the point of the original post.

JB

#22     Aug 2, 2007
  3. oh.. i am sure many are pro choice and pro gay marriage. william kristol, paul wolfowitz, just do a simple search.. these guys are pretty open. the reason for them jumping parties was their pro war stance. now they have old time republicans thinking pre emptive war and big govt are conservative values.

#23     Aug 2, 2007
  4. what turdrock forgets is how many of his little buddies are so quick to blame muslims at the drop of a hat.

#24     Aug 2, 2007
  5. "What ever happened to just plain reporting and solid, fact filled speeches and discussions?"

News is now infotainment. No one asks more than two questions per issue.

#25     Aug 2, 2007
  6. did you guys hear the story about the "tooty fruity" gang? some "brown" med students heading to school in florida stopped in ga for the rooty tooty fresh and fruity breakfast at shoneys or ihop ... anyhoo... some gladys cravitz overhead them speaking suspiciously... fast fwd several hours and you have a major interstate shut down and a stand off in florida. all for nothing..... but the resident race baiter ET'ers like turok and moomoo see nothing wrong with that.

#26     Aug 2, 2007
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

:)

#27     Aug 2, 2007
  8. Is it so inconceivable that terrorists might have had a hand in a major bridge collapsing at rush hour with traffic stopped on it from end to end? Witnesses described hearing a loud boom, followed by the collapse. I understand the govenment had rated it as structurally deficient but they allowed it to be used and apparently a huge number of older bridges are so rated. What I found odd was that it collapsed from one end to the other. I could understand one section collapsing, but every single section of this thing went down. It is a rather long bridge but most of it is over land. It was built on trusses, so it was not a suspension bridge. I could see a catastrophic failure of a suspension bridge causing the entire span to go down, but this bridge was built in sections.

What I fear now is a govenrment coverup similar to the one they did after that TWA flight blew up leaving JFK and multiple witnesses reported seeing a missile trail tracking it.

#28     Aug 2, 2007
  9. There is a local angle in this story as well. The Minneapolis area has seen an enormous influx of muslims in the past few years. It is very controversial locally. Apparently most are somali "refugees" and were attracted there by generous welfare benefits and well-meaning church groups. They have caused problems, most notably by muslim taxi drivers refusing to take passengers carrying liquor. I am sure there will be plenty of people in that area who will be quick to believe muslims were responsible.

#29     Aug 2, 2007
  10. i think a rush to judgment in either direction is a mistake. what has bothered me on this site is people knee jerking and blaming arabs/muslims every time something suspicious occurs.

#30     Aug 2, 2007