Repeatable Patterns

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 21, 2003.

1. gg12

gg12

Hi ElectricSavant,

it's interesting to see, if there are repeatable patterns. If there is only random movement with no "system" you might not make money in the long run.

By analyzing the patterns of the last days I would see following setup for the YM today.

Please see attached picture.

#11     Sep 24, 2003
  2. gg12

gg12

Hi ElectricSavant,

since markets are not completly random, some chart patterns should work.

#12     Sep 24, 2003
  3. Interesting....thanks for the chart.

I am new to this......and find pattern recognition interesting. I am surprised there are not more programs working on this.

I am not talking about Traditional Japanese Candlestick Pattern Recognition, just repeated series of patterns.

Trendline analysis and channels will not accomplish what I am talking about.......there are probably high percentage patterns with repeatable outcomes.

Michael B.

#13     Sep 24, 2003
  4. so what is the pattern?

#14     Sep 24, 2003
  5. any matching one......just so it repeats enough with a predictable probability of the following bars.

Michael B.

#15     Sep 24, 2003
  6. There are repeatable price patterns that can be exploited with high probability...

as traderkay said...

the issue is will anybody share it with you.

Yet...I promise you this...if you print out your charts (whatever chart interval you like to trade via) every trading day...

until you have several months worth of charts...

spread them out on the floor in sequence...

study those charts and you'll start seeing those repeatable patterns.

They will stand out like a sore thumb and you won't have to worry about whether a trader shares it with you or not.

The trick is this...will you have the patience to ignore the noise while you wait for your trade setup (that repeatable pattern) to appear???

Most traders don't.

Something else...you will have more difficult in scrolling back-n-forth on your computer screen in searching for these patterns than reviewing printed charts.

A weekends worth of work will be worth gold in the future.

Edited In: Repeatable patterns are already discussed here at ET. However, they are often mentioned as a sentence or two within a message of a different topic.

Thus, you'll have to read carefully of what traders say in their message posts that contains a gem (hint) about a repeatable pattern.

Good luck.

P.S. They say the best repeatable trade signals with high probability for profits...either repeat once a day or a few times a week...

Patience is a virtue.

NihabaAshi

#16     Sep 24, 2003
  7. thank you for the opinions....those are appreciated too.

it's always a pleasure talking to traders. really...no joke....its a part of my life.

Michael B.

#17     Sep 25, 2003
  8. Rock1

Rock1 Guest

happened again...obviously this forum doesn't like the "less than" symbol. (or it doesn't like Metastock code ;-))
    I'm adding the text as a file attachment.

cheers
    Rock

• p1.txt
      File size:
      1.4 KB
      Views:
    #18     Sep 25, 2003
  9. Thank you.....will play with it

Michael B.

#19     Sep 25, 2003
  10. gg12

gg12

Hi ElectricSavant ,

Patterns are in all charts. They change over time. Some are stabil, some are only valid at specific times.

I have attached a chart to make it visible. The easiest one is the 2 steps forward 1 step back in an uptrend and 2 steps down 1 step up in an uptrend. All depends on the current personality of the equity or future. All is in flow...

#20     Sep 26, 2003