Repeal of the Uptick Rule: A Planned Program to Obliterate the Stock Market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Option Trader, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Totally amazing how low certain stock can go, then go even lower. Tons of intelligent traders have gotten wiped out as a result.

#11     Dec 7, 2008
  2. The guy at NaturalNews is a kook in a lot of areas, I doubt he trades, he finds paranoia where paranoia won't even go probably... he's a greenie I suppose and naturally aversive to finance and free markets.. I get his newsletter via email, he might turn up something sometime that I can use in staying healthy but jeez, he's an idiot really...

#12     Dec 7, 2008
  3. I figured it out. It was the uptick rule that caused the banks to make trillions in bad loans.

#13     Dec 7, 2008
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Yep, if only the uptick rule was still around, we'd be at 14K! :D

Uptick, short-sale ban, circuit breakers, bank holidays etc etc, do nothing but slow the inevitable.

#14     Dec 7, 2008
  5. no way at least 16,000. think about it we where attacked by financial terrorists who put a gun to chuck princes head and told him to buy all that crap and lever up the balance sheet. its people like you who dont get it, understand the uptick rule is the reason of ALL our problems, just ask flying tiger

#15     Dec 7, 2008
  6. newtoet

newtoet

Back to the blame the short-sellers mentality. Those evil shorts and no uptick rule destroyed all these well run companies!!!

I read this on Trader-X, and he links to a post by Mark Cuban that is pretty good even though I rarely agree with Cuban.

http://traderx.blogspot.com/

#16     Dec 9, 2008
  7. What exactly do you mean stand by on the side?

#17     Dec 9, 2008