Repeal of PDT Rule 4210 - Join Me (part 1)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Yeah, you're going to lose money either way. What does it matter for ya?

#11     Nov 21, 2011
  2. 4 r/ts in a rolling 5 day period for a $20,000 account?

Does that really make sense?

Anyways, put the money overseas. If that's what the gov't wants, then that's what you should do.

BTW if Ron Paul gets elected the SEC is gone. :D

#12     Nov 21, 2011
  3. fusionz

fusionz

i thought 25k rule was annoying, but there are far bigger issues to deal with, and its pretty easy to gather up 25k for any astute mind.

#13     Nov 21, 2011
  4. no offense
    but if you've been to law school, the answer is quite obvious.

for convenience. thats how the way regulators roll, until something catastrophic happens.

#14     Nov 22, 2011
  5. Bob111, I agree with you on this. However, those compulsive players, gamblers, and housewives would only contribute to broker internalized flow in today's markets, or the flow would get tied up in PFOF schemes. If you happen to be in a prop firm that has access to that internalized flow, it's a party. If not, you have to slog it out against the pros and continue to squeeze blood out of the rocks that are today's stock market.

My margins are so razor thin today that I'm not sure how most of ET functions. Retail commission is so large the games that can be played are very limited. I think the trader P&L thread being dead is the true indicator of how hard it is.

#15     Nov 22, 2011
  6. That is right keep all the small players out of the game. They don't belong. Why not just turn this place into another slavery based economy with no chance of social mobility. Rig the game so bad so that the big boys start taking each other out. The whole reason the PDT rule was enacted was because some people whined about losing money and the system did what it could. The little guy can never get ahead here it is just better to leave.
    The NFA rule for forex also (*&ed my shit up The only way a person could hedge was to leave the country. FXCM tried to transfer peoples accounts out of the US but that never happened. The leadership of this country does not want anyone to suceed they just want people to fail and turn to them for money. I can't to get out of this place.

All for One and Theft to All,

Akuma

BUY GOLD!!!

#16     Nov 22, 2011
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Failure with a small amount of $ is a far better way for newbs to learn some hard lessons than with their life savings..

#17     Nov 22, 2011

8. How is holding a stock or option overnight less risky than holding during the day? I would think overnight is more risky.

#18     Nov 22, 2011