Rep. Chris Collins arrested for insider trading

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cuddles, Aug 11, 2018.

1. toc

toc

These practices actually works with small puny individuals who do not have the power to stay in the game of lawyers, courts and society pressure. However, when same tricks are played against entities like SEC etc. then butt cheeks really get squeezed brutally hard.

However, it can still be predicted that this representative will get away with some fine, disgorgement of profits and no jail time.

#11     Aug 12, 2018
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

Called his son six times in 15 minutes, he must have really thought he was untouchable to be this obvious about it.

#12     Aug 12, 2018
  3. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

After your net exceeds that $15MM - $20MM liquid net worth ... It becomes about Ego & keeping score.. nothing more.

For most ego maniacs that meet/ exceed what I call the Independently wealthy mark of $20MM.. They need something else to strive & fight for... their focal point becomes the score board.
    It`s not until they are sitting behind bars in Bunton NC or Club Fed, does it gets to the
    " what the fuck was I thinking " phase.

Human Nature is a tricky thing......

#13     Aug 12, 2018
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. I am sure he will get the Martha Stewart treatment but there will be pressure to resign since Dems want the seat...

#14     Aug 12, 2018
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

I messed up the order of things in the cliffs. He called his son 6 times 15 minutes after the board meeting w/the bad test results, his son executed the sale. Not that it helps him any.

#15     Aug 12, 2018
    mlawson71 likes this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

He already stepped down

#16     Aug 12, 2018
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#17     Aug 12, 2018
  8. OK thought he just put his reelection on hold but glad to see he stepped down. Innocent until proven guilty and all that but the initial info we know shows no doubt he made the phone calls to his son who sold off the stock (no different than Martha Stewart). He is done even if only a fine...

#18     Aug 12, 2018
  9. destriero

destriero

No way that he doesn't serve time. His only defense is that he (personally) didn't sell any shares, but he was a restricted insider. He was on the board and a 17% holder. The family was even trying to sell the shares that night on the ASE rather than wait for the ADRs to open in NY.

I was simply named by a guy under investigation in IMNR (Immune Response) when I was in my early 20s. They convened a GJ in Chicago over it. I traded in IMNR, but only after the FDA trial failure hit the wires. No action.

This is serious shit and the evidence is overwhelming.

#19     Aug 12, 2018
  10. I find it funny that a lawyer with a valid law degree is proposing the defense that he never sold any shares. I could go to the worst law school in the country and ask them for the students graduating at the bottom 1% and all of them would say he is guilty of insider trading, probably without doing more than 30 seconds of research.

His lawyer is a fuckstick.

#20     Aug 12, 2018