Renko, Kagi three Line Break

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by spreadbet, Jun 24, 2003.

1. manz66

manz66

2. I would stay away from paying for this kind of information. You can find it for free if you look at the resources the ET members mentioned above.

Odd how this site has EXACTLY the same courses asked by the original post!

#12     Jun 25, 2003
  3. I also have no association with that website link...

However...it is possible that spreadbet has already search the internet for all the free info he/she could find and found such info to be more full of generalities, philosophical discussions and ambiguous info.

As I mentioned before...the only site I knew and saw that had in-depth info about such was a german website.

I do know for fact...the best resources outside that free german website...

aren't free info.

maggandre...I'm serious. Go do an internet search yourself and come back and post links of what you consider to be free useful info about Renko, Kagi and Three Line Break charts.

I have...here's some other good free info...

http://www.market-analyst.com/articles/The_Kagi_Chart

If a trader is going to be serious about turning this into an effective trading tool...

their going to have to pay for it or find someone that will mentor them for free.

Books, cds, courses or whatever...it all cost money...especially if spreadbet is going to apply Renko, Kagi and Three Line Break to intraday trading.

Steve Nison book called Beyond Candlesticks (which I own) is a good place to start for paying to be educated about these concepts.

After that...if the trader is still struggling...

come back here and post more questions to see if someone can enlighten them freely to help with some candlestick concepts.

If that doesn't work...guess what...a course associated with any website may not be a bad investment after all...

a course costing a few hundred bucks on this subject is nothing in comparison to what you will lose on each trade if you don't know what your doing.

I will tell you this...Renko, Kagi and Three Line Break is not something you do on your own via trial-n-error with hard earned money on the line.

It's a lot different than learning about the basic candlestick concepts.

P.S. Once he finds that German website...he can always learn German and email that trader.

That in itself may cost money to do.

NihabaAshi

#13     Jun 25, 2003
  4. kernan

kernan

I don't disagree with your statement to maggandre above, but I think maggandre's point has more to do with the original post, and a subsequent post selling products/services - both by people with few posts to their name.

We all get jaded after seeing so much spam and self-serving promotion on ET, especially when it is introduced as a valid thread. I am not saying this is not a valid thread, and the poster was not asking a legitimate question. Just that 75% of the time things like this are ads in disguise.

One final point - I think there is also a difference between buying a book by Nison, and an online course that may or may not have been spam on a message board. No one would argue that traders further themselves by paying and studying materials by Nison, Edwards & Magee, and Farley (for me at least). But, I can count on one hand the number of times I have bought online courses or "studies" that have proven to be valuable!

#14     Jun 25, 2003
  5. Agree and point well taken.

Note: I have no association with any of the websites I've mentioned in this thread :cool:

NihabaAshi

#15     Jun 25, 2003
  6. Are you saying that people sometimes use ET boards to pimp their own services, and then try to disguise it as valid posts? I find that hard to believe!!!

Good trading all!

#16     Jun 25, 2003
  7. You found online courses that are valuable? What are they????? I don't think they exist, and I speak from experience and 1000's of dollars spent!!!!!

#17     Jun 25, 2003
  8. kernan

kernan

lol. No thank you. That would make me what I was describing in my previous post.

PM me if this is a serious question. Otherwise, spend some time with Nison, it is well worth it!!!

#18     Jun 25, 2003
  9. jjordan

jjordan

Hi,

I was hoping to see some charts and ways to use Renko, Kagi. I have used 3LB before using ravenquote, I found it interesting and useful.

I am now using esignal so I will probably play with the 3LB charts again. I would still like to see how others are using with their trading methods.

Here's a simple candlestick chart of the dow. I think I would like to compare the daily 3 point break. I have good idea of results....Renko, Kagi no idea. I don't see many people using these charts.
    edit: I guess they don't I just found a poll, says most like candlesticks then bar charts. Zip on Renko Kagi?

here's the poll link.
    http://forum.esignal.com/poll.php?s=&action=showresults&pollid=10

Daily Candlestick $INDU
    http://forum.esignal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=12178#post12178

TIA,
    ~j

#19     Jun 25, 2003
  10. many thanks to one and all for the very informative responses. I shall both search the web and by Nissons book.

Good luck to you all whilst trading

Cheers

spreadbet

:cool:

#20     Jun 25, 2003