Removing the golden handcuffs

Discussion in 'App Development' started by fan27, Jul 2, 2018.

1. fan27

fan27

I have not applied for any jobs because I do not currently want a job. It would be a waste of my time to prepare for interviews. I have problems to solve and code to write.

#81     Aug 7, 2018
  2. Thanks for the quote.

#82     Aug 7, 2018
  3. See above.

Not that I don't wish you luck, I just don't charge at bayonet in front of a machine-gun equipped trench before first at least bombing the shit out of them with artillery.

Then I'm sending my newly developed wea^H^H^H tan^H^H drones.

If if gets to the next point then it's interesting.

#83     Aug 7, 2018
  4. piezoe

piezoe

You are going to be OK in any case because you are in an area of high demand and with your experience you should have no trouble finding employment later if that becomes your only option. Go for it! I wish you the best of luck.

#84     Aug 9, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  5. fan27

fan27

Great progress on the project recently! I am finding numerous profitable intra-day strategies with my platform and this past week I hand coded a select group of strategies in AlgoTerminal and I am getting identical results in both platforms. Next week I will generate code from my platform that can be run in AlgoTerminal. The week after I will do a "live trading" test run against a paper trade account and verify the trades match what my platform would have generated via a back test. If all goes well I will be live trading by October 1st. Once live trading, I will polish/package my product and get it in front of users who are currently running algos who may be looking for automation capabilities that my platform provides.

Good times!

#85     Sep 14, 2018
  6. > I will do a "live trading" test run against a paper trade account

A live trading test run on a paper trade account, that's a new one, What a joke.
    You will find paying customers, I guess there's a sucker born every minute, right.

#86     Sep 19, 2018
  7. fan27

fan27

And the following sentence states:

"If all goes well I will be live trading by October 1st."

Note no quotes or test account qualifiers in that statement. Hope that clears things up for you.

#87     Sep 19, 2018
    GRULSTMRNN and Simples like this.
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

People who have no idea about the difference between development and production demonstrate [loudly] that they do neither. :rolleyes:

#88     Sep 19, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  9. Ok, where can I see the live stream the 1st October?

#89     Sep 21, 2018
  10. fan27

fan27

Sure thing. First day live demo. What could possibly go wrong ;)

#90     Sep 21, 2018
    fkienast and tendimsol like this.