Removing the golden handcuffs

Discussion in 'App Development' started by fan27, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Get a customer first, prior to doing any work. Otherwise, may be a total waste of time

#21     Jul 3, 2018
    qlai likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Even before marketing is having some sort of track record.

Obviously proving it to yourself or a buddy is not the same thing as proving it to the trading community overall.

#22     Jul 3, 2018
  3. fan27

fan27

Good insights. I appreciate it! I have heard that you should expect to spend as much time marketing your product as building it and that is what I am planning on. Money has already been set aside for marketing. Initial traction is getting the product in front of users and determining if it is useful to them. Does not have to be a lot of users....but if I get it in front of 20 users and most of them say the product adds no value, then I will certainly have to reassess my thesis. Ultimately, I am the first customer of my product and I am very demanding. If I can satisfy my own requirements I am fairly confident I can add value for others. As you and I have discussed, I plan on being a sponsor on ET. The members on this site can be brutal to sponsors who do not have their shit together and offer a good value proposition. I am up for the challenge!! Assuming some initial traction, I can easily float this project through 2019.

#23     Jul 3, 2018
    Baron likes this.
  4. fan27

fan27

My product will never be a stand alone product. I am leaving charting, live trading, etc. to platforms that already do a very good job of that. I have taken one part of the feature stack (efficiently finding profitable strategies that work) and narrowly focused on that. My platform will output code that you can plug into your current platform, thus, no need to get users to switch from their current platform to mine.

#24     Jul 3, 2018
    sharpquant and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  5. Can your product give customers code based on trades executed?
    Not based on stats that were criteria to find any strategy.If i know beforehand what is the signal to open the trade, what trade management is implemented and stop loss distance.
    Another question you mention c# a lot, would that code be in this programming language?

TIA and Good Luck !

#25     Jul 3, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  6. truetype

truetype

It's vaporware. Save the questions till it ships!

#26     Jul 3, 2018
  7. fan27

fan27

Actually...this is something my product could do with very minor modications. Yes...product is C# though I could potentially integrate with platforms that do not support C#. I will reach out to you for more detailed requirements. Thanks!

#27     Jul 3, 2018
    sharpquant likes this.
  8. fan27

fan27

I actually have a very unpolished working build which demonstrates the concept of the product. For those who are interested, send me a PM.

#28     Jul 3, 2018
  9. I hope, things will work out for you, just like the way you have planned them! However, if things do not work out, then there always "Top Step Trader" to fall back on! :D

#29     Jul 3, 2018
    CSEtrader and fan27 like this.
  10. fan27

fan27

Thanks for the tip :) Fortunately, I have my own trading capital to use.

#30     Jul 3, 2018