Removing the golden handcuffs

Discussion in 'App Development' started by fan27, Jul 2, 2018.

1. He does all his trading completely automated. I think that is what @nooby_mcnoob was referring to.

#241     Dec 17, 2019
  2. ironchef

ironchef

Same conclusion. Otherwise the automated trading system will bankrupt him automatically.

#242     Dec 20, 2019
  3. fan27

fan27

Had a good chat on Friday with my hedge fund contact on a path forward. We both agreed that now that I know more specifically what they are looking for, it makes sense for me to "build to suit" and restart the evaluation. So for 2020, I am going to work on building a strategy portfolio that is orthogonal to long equities and have them evaluate it. Assuming it passes their evaluation, we will do a walk forward where I FTP entries and exits to them as my strategies execute against a SIM account, thus allowing me to keep this experiment separate from my live trading.

For those that are following this thread, this hedge fund has a group whose job is to acquire third party alpha. If anyone reading is in a position where they have a quantifiable edge and are looking to monetize it beyond their own trading, let me know and perhaps I can make an introduction. I can't speak to what a deal would look like in terms of compensation, but this hedge fund is in the top five in the world in terms of size so they definitely have some money to throw around.

#243     Dec 22, 2019
  4. 2rosy

2rosy

FTP? is facsimile too advanced

#244     Dec 23, 2019