Removing the golden handcuffs

Discussion in 'App Development' started by fan27, Jul 2, 2018.

1. fan27

fan27

Permanent job.

#231     Nov 26, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  2. ironchef

ironchef

Congratulations.

The Retail Full Time Trading Club has printed your membership card, waiting for you to join in the not too distant future, when you cut the cord and go full time. :thumbsup:

#232     Dec 10, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  3. fan27

fan27

I appreciate the encouragement but "full time" trading is not something I am seeking at this point. My trading is 100% automated which frees me to pursue other income generating activities.

#233     Dec 10, 2019
    They likes this.
  4. ironchef

ironchef

In that case full time means you spend 365 days a year enjoying life, doing fun things and let your computer do all the hard work.

#234     Dec 14, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  5. who does this actually, maybe GAT I guess.

#235     Dec 14, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  6. Exactly. Automate and delegate wherever and whenever possible.

#236     Dec 14, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  7. fan27

fan27

Turns out the large hedge fund is still interested in a potential collaboration. Had a call on Friday with my main contact and two of their quants. These guys were super sharp and I was able to gather some useful information to improve my current process. In summary, I proposed developing something more targeted to exactly what they are looking for rather than trying to use my strategies with current capital limitations. My proposal was to have them track a real-time portfolio separate from my personal account so we could construct the "experiment" exactly to their specifications. We shall see what happens...the beauty at this point for me though is there is no financial pressure to make a deal happen now that I have a job.

#237     Dec 14, 2019
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Who is GAT?

Me? I trade discretion and manually so am condemned to glue to my computer screen 8-12 hrs a day, until I can master Python and API. :mad:

#238     Dec 15, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  9. #239     Dec 16, 2019
  10. ironchef

ironchef

#240     Dec 17, 2019