Removing the golden handcuffs

Discussion in 'App Development' started by fan27, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Another nerd sees his true value. We have increased GDP, Donald J Pump thanks you.

#171     Mar 28, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  2. SteveH

SteveH

fan27,

If what you have is the real deal, isn't the common sense approach to use it to make yourself sufficiently rich with it FIRST? Put your best auto to work on a Roth IRA account just like you showed in your demo thread, build it to 5 mil. Then, take it out of the risk markets, put it into CDs or govt securities, whatever is paying out 2.5%+ for 12 months. Best way to keep a personal fortune derived from risk is, at some point, to not ever put it at risk again.

How about putting up one or two of your algorithms on Collective2? That's risk-free income to you, establishes a longer-term stats record and you still keep your IP intact for several more years while satisfying your desire to derive a second, potentially sizable source of income.

I guess I'm more in nooby's camp, having read his thread on his auto adventures. Enrich yourself from your own abilities. Your time is going to be eaten up with your programming hat on when you pull other people into the fray, selling licenses, having to support them. How fast and how old is that going to get?

My impression of your desire to sell so quickly what you have done, from my several decades in software development and real-time intraday trading, is that you really love coding, the mental challenge of solving problems which can potentially lead to high financial reward but not so much the actual risk aspects of seeing your own money go up and down in the markets. Otherwise, I don't see the rush to cash-in now.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    #172     Mar 29, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  3. fan27

fan27

Thanks for the post SteveH. You are correct that I do love to code. The reality is for at least the next few years, I have to code in some capacity to feed my family. I could get a day job and work on problems I am not entirely interested in or continue developing my technology, licensing it while also using the technology for myself. I am going with the latter.

#173     Mar 29, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. I hope you keep this goal in mind. It's very easy to forget when they offer you $500K for a customization that would only be small for a company like Microsoft. Last year I was offered 1.5 million for a minimum 10 million project. Clever cunts.

And if you want to keep us up to date, I will definitely keep pushing you :)

#174     Mar 29, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  5. fan27

fan27

#175     Apr 9, 2019
    shatteredx, bklrnr, They and 2 others like this.
  6. Congrats! Now the hard work starts (getting people to find you.) The standard model from the "Traction" book works really well, look it up if you're interested.

#176     Apr 10, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  7. fan27

fan27

Thanks...will do!

#177     Apr 10, 2019
  8. fan27

fan27

Almost one month post launch and things are going good! I have two customer's who have purchased FasterQuant and I am starting on an AlgoTerminal consulting project for a family office starting next week. I am offering a limited number of private traders a "turn key" solution where I offer the same strategy "building blocks" that I use to generate my strategy portfolios. This package really only makes financial sense for traders with at least $300,000 in risk capital. Also, the good news is I am not going to have to pull any money from my trading account for living expenses. If I can even just do half as well as what I have done so far this year I should be looking at close to a 7 figure trading account within five years.

#178     May 3, 2019
    They and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  9. As long as your live trading is matching backtests, I think that's a reasonable assumption to make. Keep it up!

#179     May 3, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  10. ironchef

ironchef

I am embarrass to say but I don't understand any of the terminologies in the home page:

Should I try to learn or I am too amateurish and too retail to even try?

In any case, congratulations.

Wish you the best.

#180     May 9, 2019
    fan27 likes this.