Removing the golden handcuffs

Discussion in 'App Development' started by fan27, Jul 2, 2018.

1. They

They

Godspeed!

#111     Dec 5, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  2. fan27

fan27

$300 per month for individuals.

#112     Dec 5, 2018
    jonahern likes this.
  3. fan27

fan27

There were multiple signals triggered today but they did not pass the risk filter because the stops were too wide. For example, all systems use either a fix or trailing stop that is the multiple of the ATR. With increased volatility, some of the stops were in excess of 50 ES points for example. Easy to adjust...I went back to the strategy families that trade in a bear market regime and reran the order optimization so the widest stop would be 3 x ATR (previously was 4 x ATR). From there, ran the portfolio optimization routine and had a collection of strategy portfolios to choose from. Blew away what I currently had in AlgoTerminal, copied over the new code files and will click the start button tomorrow morning.

#113     Dec 10, 2018
    guru likes this.
  4. fan27

fan27

Since going live with my tech I have been pondering my next move. I have decided to create a video showing exactly what my platform does and how I am using it. If I can generate some interest in the technology, I will begin the process of making it available to users. If not, I will get a "day job" and continue using the tech for my own use. I will have the video created by next month and will post to this thread.

#114     Dec 18, 2018
    jonahern likes this.
  5. That will be interesting to watch.

It would not surprise me if you find afterwards that you spend more time maintaining your running system than you estimated in advance.

#115     Dec 18, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  6. They

They

Looking forward to it.

#116     Dec 18, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  7. fan27

fan27

This is exactly the sort of problem I am solving with my platform. If one deconstructs the activities associated with maintaining a portfolio of strategies you will conclude that most of the activities could be automated given the right tools.

#117     Dec 18, 2018
  8. fan27

fan27

My strategies have started with a "hot hand" with 8 trades since the day after Christmas with a total gain of about 9%. Another bright spot is my live performance is actually better than the backtested results (I have random tick slippage built into my backtest). I continue to find issues with AlgoTerminal but they are able to fix them and get me a release candidate build usually within 48 hours. That quick turn around is a big deal! I will have my video showing the tech completed by Jan 21st and will post it.

#118     Jan 10, 2019
    Cortendo, They, HobbyTrading and 3 others like this.
  9. Cortendo

Cortendo

I am really looking forward to see the video

#119     Jan 19, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  10. fan27

fan27

Trying to get it done this weekend. Hoping to post by Monday night!

#120     Jan 19, 2019