Remove the Pattern Day Trading Rulle - Vote

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Interesting site dedicated to PDT http://nopdt.com ; Recently launched, please feel free to contribute there :)

We should make a big petition and start sending to SEC. I don't see any MERIT in PDT rule.

Cheers,

#141     Mar 10, 2009
  2. phissith

phissith

PDT is a bad judgement on SEC part. One should encourage to buy and sell on the same day to minimize holding overnight as that is a sure way to loose money! Or do away with Margin account for PDT with less than $25k would make more sense in protecting small timer than tying Margin with PDT and slap them with $25k minimum!

#142     Jun 11, 2014
  3. phissith

phissith

Where is the perceived risks coming from? For me the real risk for amateur trader would be able to buy/sell stock with leverage (margin). Also another risk is from not getting out of a bad trade asap = holding overnight!!

#143     Jun 11, 2014
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Don't they have similar rules in Canada?

#144     Jun 11, 2014
  5. Maybe it's a stupid rule but 25k simply isn't a lot of money.....so nobody will actually care.

#145     Jun 11, 2014
  6. phissith

phissith

Great idea! Sec with PDT is only help the clearing house, not to help us. Limit the loss not how many trades i can do with my own money. Maybe when each commission fee was like $30 for each trade yes but now it less than $3.00

#146     Jun 11, 2014
  7. phissith

phissith

So what if i dont want to get a real job? How are you to tell me not to? Like those professional trader that too big to fail bank that we average citizen have to bail you out? Those to choose to trade with 100:1 ratio of leverage?

#147     Jun 11, 2014