Remote trading (not from home)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nursebee, Mar 30, 2016.

1. nursebee

nursebee

Greetings,
    As I have ventured into day trading again I find I have missed out on good opportunities when not at home, especially when travelling on the road in a car. Missed trades this month likely exceed the annual cost of a device and service. I've never had more than a prepaid $100/yr Att phone, never used the full minutes. I am now beginning to search for what would be a good solution. I'm looking for feedback from others. Things I am interested in:
    Reliability
    Data coverage
    Simple chart (price/volume) though this is likely broker dependent.
    Security

I would consider any mobile phone and/or carrier. I would consider mobile hotspot to use with current wifi only Ipad.

Do you trade remotely?
    Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

The secret if there is one with day trading is CONCENTRATION. Hard to concentrate when on the road using a smart phone.

3. nursebee

nursebee

I was not asking for your secret.

4. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Fine, then get ready for major frustration as you miss countless trading opportunities.

99% of the people picking up on those good trades will be people that are setup properly, sitting in front of their screens (noses pressed against them), concentrating, waiting, watching, all ready to pounce. But then you're going to be driving a car and attempting to follow the market/trade at the same time. Something has to give....

Why not be more sensible, only day trade from home when you have the time and when you're on the road, do the other job you're being paid for.

5. Load your platform on a server ($60) and use Remote Desktop apps on your ipad. The platform always stays on and even if your phone service goes in and out, autotrade tools will kick in as programmed.

VPhantom likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Start with security like this http://www.privatewifi.com/how-it-works/ for Hotspots, it is a VPN.

Mobile Broadband
    http://mobile-broadband-services-review.toptenreviews.com/

Best is Verizon for me,. I use it across USA, I use two laptops when I trade whether at home or on the road. I don't miss anything unless I lose connection, I have found it is best to have a broker I can call n case I have technical problems to get me out, doesn't happen often unless I am near dead zones.

I have times where I travel a good deal, it s cool to be in a rest area, grilling lunch and sitting at picnic table, just have a few back up batteries if you not plugged in on AC. In a few months, I plan to be on the road 95% of the time, I been couped up at home past eight years and nearly free. Going overseas I have always used coffee shops with VPN and extra firewalls like Zone Alarm. You have to play with the packages of how much data to need, I get the max they sell so I never have to worry bout it and I don't do any videos unless I am at hotspot.

I run Avast anti-virus, Spybot, Malwarebytes and Ccleaner few times a day. And use Windows 10. So far so good.

nursebee likes this.
  7. Handle123

Handle123

Is there anyway you can put your platform in the cloud technology?

8. just21

just21

Put your stop to buy orders in before you leave home.

9. nursebee

nursebee

Might be a good idea for some, I tend to buy more where others say to place stops.
    No stops for me.

10. promagma

promagma

Yeah I wanted to do this, and didn't find a mobile charting app that I was satisfied with, ended up using the Teamviewer app (I preferred it a bit over Remote Desktop). It's nice to access your old familiar charting, and the input is not very nimble but it's fine for placing a few trades. And I'm not a phone junkie so I just use ting.com for phone service, I am quite satisfied with this setup...

#10     Mar 30, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.