Remote trading in Brazil

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mkmps, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Greco

Greco

I mean that in Southern Brazil there are a lot of people with European backgrounds, especially Italian, German, Polish and Ukrainian ones. They immigrated to Brazil around 1870-1900 and also during World War II.

There is a great diversity of culture, religion and ethnicity in Brazil and they coexist harmonically.

When I mentioned "cultural shock" it was directed to those who consider living here.

Greco

#41     Nov 17, 2002
  2. Trajan

Trajan

Be carefull what you say, the P.C. policeman is after you.

Iguaçu Falls looks pretty cool. Do you have any more recommendations in your area?

Five star hotels(real ones) are fairly inexpensive across Southeast Asia. The Four Seasons in Singapore is a little more than 200 a night. As far as the cost of living goes, having a car is very expensive because of regulations, housing doesn't seem too bad, local food is cheap, more expensive for western stuff, but most important, beer is very expensive. What I save on the hotel bill would be drunk in beer. Also, there is no way I would fly there in anything lower than business class. The travel time is twenty hours from Los Angeles. I am a very large person, 6'6" 300 lbs. I don't fit in a coach seat. Adding it all up, it would be incredibily stupid to spend $10,000 of my capital on a trip when my monthly P&L is lower. It would be like Gordon Gekko spending his money on a car and then needing the capital later after losing six straight months, except, I have nothing to sell.

#42     Nov 18, 2002
  3. #43     Nov 18, 2002
  4. Greco

Greco

About other links in my area, the Itaipu power plant is about 20 miles away from the Iguaçu Falls:

http://www.itaipu.gov.br

Greco

#44     Nov 18, 2002
  5. Iguacu Falls eh? Just read about that in The New Yorker along with a few thousand other subscribers.

Little Hezbollah problem there it said that needs to be fixed.

It will.

Apparently these little fruits flutter around in a lawless atmosphere where Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina meet which I think is right there.

#45     Nov 18, 2002
  6. Pabst

Pabst

7. Greco

Greco

8. Daal

Daal

Brazil stinks, trust me you dont want to be here, banking system is horrible, crime will kill you eventually, goverment is extremly burocratic, cops will abuse power and humiliate you in public

#48     Oct 16, 2005