remote traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderx43, Feb 11, 2010.

1. 250,000 shares per month is not a lot. Probably not too many prop traders trade stocks like GOOG. Most of the prop traders that I know trade stocks around the $20 to $75 range and they do size. Even trading 500 share lots most prop traders probably do a minimum of 500,000 shares per month. Even when I actively tried to limit the number of shares that I traded I was not able to go below 400,000 shares per month and I was not a size trader.

Most prop traders are trading multiple positions and doing the round trip really adds a lot of shares to your count. Trading 12,500 shares per day (that is 6250 shares in and 6250 shares getting out) will get you to 250,000 shares in a month.

Firms like JC Trading that payout 100% of net profits, make all their money off of commissions, so they need traders who do size or who jump in and out of positions frequently. I am sure that as a beginner they will give you some leeway until you become more experienced and profitable. Those firms just do not want some trader buying 500 shares of GOOG and holding all day then selling before the close. They just cannot make money off that type of trader.

#11     Mar 2, 2010

2. Firms are in business to MAKE MONEY, not to provide you services at a loss (which is what your paltry sub 250,000 shares would result in).

#12     Mar 2, 2010
  3. #13     Mar 3, 2010
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Who says you have to trade GOOG? There's a heck of a lot more stocks to trade -- and most of them are much less in terms of price per share than GOOG.

I'm amazed day in and day out that wanna be traders want everything to be slanted in their favor whether it be free training, reduced desk fees, even lower commissions. I question if those who post such have ever run a business or known anyone who ran a trading firm. They do have expenses that need to be paid each and every month. And yes, they hope to make a profit as does any business venture.

#14     Mar 3, 2010
  5. Is Echotrade still breathing after all those rumors out there?

#15     Mar 5, 2010
  6. What kind of rumors? Echo always has had a good reputation.

#16     Mar 17, 2010
  7. DHOHHI:
    "They do have expenses that need to be paid each and every month. And yes, they hope to make a profit as does any business venture."

Good for you. You should support them with large volume trading to generate larger commissions. You must be certain everybody else don't know anything about trading. Good luck and be my guest.
    :D

#17     Mar 17, 2010