Remote Traders With Live Track Record Seeks Backing/Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kimikaze88, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Sorry, no idea what company was that.

#51     Mar 17, 2019
  2. Today is weekend and let's not discuss about trading or funding, let's discuss something about human behavior/mindset. Of course all these are just my very own personal view.

My subject/title apparently I believe are pretty easy to understand but I find it's quite funny for someone to get confuse. You will quite often see some sort of funny comment/reply/private especially in forum no matter what's the thread are but you can never understand what is the intention/purpose. For instance an OP start a thread "What is options"? It's not difficult to understand thread title, isn't it? If you are generous enough, click in and share your knowledge, otherwise don't even bother to click it.

Some funny private thread starter came in with some e-hailing recommendation. I assume maybe he doesn't know how to differentiate between financial and services industries. Otherwise, he is doing something even himself couldn't really understand what is the purpose of doing that. As I said, it is not difficult to understand my thread title. If you have some firms or private to recommend, bridge both party and let them to further liaise. Allow another party to decide whether I own the capability by going through track records and history. When you neither investor nor have any interest to know more, who the hell are you to judge me?

Another thing is someone came in telling me nothing spectacular about the returns. I couldn't blame him because I am just like his mindset back couple years ago when I don't have any experience working for a legit firms, either hedge or proprietary funds. It was still in my memories during first day on my desk, my head trader gave me an assignment. Write a trading plan and explain your strategy. He told me in financial world, nobody cares what you did but only the results. Just plan according to simple guideline, 5%-10% risk, expected 20% PA are good, 70% margin top, action plan and explain what are the consequences if market crash. Then he shows me the payout terms. I entitled for basic salary and performance payout according to stages. From 8% getting nothing all the way to 25% PA which I am eligible for a 42% payout, after deduction initial capital of compulsory 8%. Of course I bear no risk and all results will be carried forward if I have a bad year. I started to understand because over the years, I have seen numerous come and go with all those spectacular return promises. Some came in with 60% 80% 100% with 10% 20% risk, my head will demand cut the risk half and he wouldn't mind even the profit became half. Unfortunately, most of them couldn't even survive after the end of first quarter.

I remember the 1st post, I did mentioned about TST. TST is a great business model, but not a good place to start with if you want get funded. All structure are pretty similar and let's breakdown couple important rules of the 100k account which you need to pay USD 325 a month for intraday trading evaluation.

1) Maximum 10 Contract
    2) Minimum 10 Days
    3) 6% Profit Target
    4) 3% Max Trailing Risk (All legit firms do apply trailing)

Let's assume 1 contract equivalent to USD 10 per tick. This means if you have a 10 contract position, you have less than 30 ticks if anything goes wrong. If we divided it to minimum 10 days which equivalent to 10 trades, in average each trade you only have 3 ticks as your stop loss.

How about 1 contract for each position? You need higher than 600 ticks to meet profit target and you have 300 ticks if anything goes wrong. Again a minimum of 10 days which equivalent to 10 trades, you have 30 ticks SL for every trade on average. Of course you have whole month period of 20-22 trading days, on average you need a minimum of 150 ticks profit per week or 30 ticks per day. As far as I know, a good speculation trader only 5-8 trades per week. Even with 100% success rate, you need at least a minimum of 25-30 ticks average profit for every trade you execute. Of course you can double your position but basically you cannot afford anything goes wrong. You also have to remember about trailing DD and basically it applied for every firm, not only TST, this means you are not able to go for higher position even after profit.

It won't surprise me if someone joined, although passed the test and still have to leave in a very short time.

#52     Mar 17, 2019
  3. there are some gamblers in macau thinking they are smart and talk to other gamblers about this and that, but have no money to bet on themselves. you seem like one of them.

#53     Mar 17, 2019
  4. ajacobson

ajacobson

Volant in HK - not sure they will allow remote, but good people.

#54     Mar 17, 2019
  5. As I mentioned in my previous post, you seem like one of them who couldn't understand title/subject and comment something that pretty much irrelevant. Don't you feel yourself childish doing something that you don't even know the actual purpose/intention? Or you trying to tag someone before knowing anything about them?

#55     Mar 18, 2019
  6. Thanks for the info. I'll try to google some info about it.

#56     Mar 18, 2019
  7. Maybe I am not as smart as you but I have made money on the poker and have own money to play hands, whilst you seeking a sponsor to play blackjack

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    #57     Mar 18, 2019
  8. It's nice to see when someone talk about poker with me because to me, poker is another strategy game just like what you need to do in trading, you have to plan before you execute. Even professional poker player such as Lex, Jeff Gross, Daniel Negreanu, or Doug Polk sell stakes, right? Otherwise staking website like pokershares wouldn't exist.

By the way, if you want my poker tracking record, you can check online. I believe both partypoker and WPN networks I have profit stats and sharkscopes shows I have more than 80 ability scores. Although my ROI and ABI not that outstanding, but it still shows I am a profiting player that play in mid-high stakes, don't they? If a guy can play better and higher stakes than you after stop playing for so many years, then you should ask yourself do you really qualify to criticize someone who does better than you.

#58     Mar 18, 2019