Remote Traders Out there

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by NYTrader777, Mar 22, 2008.

1. I agree with the Cable + DSL but you should also make sure you have a UPS that can keep your modems, PC, and monitors on long enough for you to exit any positions you have open in case of complete power failure.

I personally also have a phone with Windows Mobile and have DL'ed my brokers Micro trading platform to it. So in case of a catastrophe where both Cable and DSL connections die I can at least log into my phone and get flat in my positions. Chances are if none of the 3 are working I have much bigger problems than the trades I have open.

#11     Mar 25, 2008
  2. Can anyone suggest the best Web-Teleconference software for trading remotely to interact live with traders in the office. I am not setup remote and we are using a program called vyew.com which isn't bad but have to keep taking your mouse and click on the "talk" feature when you want to communicate with other traders. Anyone use skype? anything else better out there.

#12     Mar 26, 2008
  3. error: I am setup from home remote trading now!

#13     Mar 26, 2008
  4. I've used Unyte and it works ok, free for two users, and you don't have to be a Skype user to use it.

#14     Mar 26, 2008
  5. As long as you don't need more than 8 connections Ventrilo is nice and free for up to 8 connections.

#15     Mar 27, 2008
  6. Who do you guys trade remote with?

#16     Mar 28, 2008