remote prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by domvert, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Always go directly to the source prop house once someone asks you to PM them.

They take a cut off your top acting as bounty hunters trying to troll in traders....

5-10% cuts off the top and some of your ticket charges go into their account.....

Use them for research then contact the prop houses on your own...you can set up a better deal on your own....

Yours in trading

#11     Feb 12, 2006
  2. #12     Feb 18, 2006
  3. What is the difference between pro and prop?

(Aside: i would never have thought that people who suggest a firm to me would actually be getting a cut of my commissions if i decide to go with that firm!)

#13     Feb 18, 2006
  4. mvelez

mvelez

momo trader99,

you can try www.proptrading.ca

--------------------------------------------------

momo you might want to be careful with this firm they don't have a very solid reputation and a few taders I know have had issues with money being returned to them I would go with a more reputable prop firm

Stay away from GMMI unless you like money disputes in your life.

#14     Feb 20, 2006
  5. pro...you use your own funds...you are liscensed...get 100% payout...better leverage

prop...you use the firms money...you get a percentage of your gains...sometimes a small salary...if you don't make money you are gone...

#15     Feb 20, 2006
  6. Why would you go "PRO" when you could just go on your own?

If i'm putting up all of my own money why not go "prop"

#16     Feb 20, 2006
  7. Althought I'm no prop expert I've been with these guys for 4 weeks now and have no complaints.

www.benchmarqtrading.com

#17     Feb 20, 2006
  8. when you are pro you are on your own...you still need someone to supply software and clearing...

#18     Feb 20, 2006
  9. lol momo 99 is goldie. years ago you were pushing etrade pro but i guess they went under

#19     Feb 21, 2006
  10. That's not quite right:
    http://finanzen.net/news/news_detail.asp?NewsNr=375002
    E*Trade Professional was up-for-sale back in November and there were no offers for the division.
    E*Trade Corporation decided to buy-out the separate entity and now they are renaming it (good move).
    Why they are naming it after that rather ancient order entry platform that hasn't seen a significant upgrade in years is beyond me. I guess it sounds impressive...."Lightspeed Professional Trading".
    Hmmmm.....this is just further confirmation of the horrible business conditions in the pro/prop trading arena.

#20     Feb 22, 2006