Remote prop firms in Canada

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by clambill, Nov 3, 2008.

1. I'm looking for a remote prop firm in Canada for a specific reason, I don't have $10,000 to open an account at Interactive Brokers and I want low commissions.

However, I don't need the leverage when I start. I only want to start small with maybe 3 or 4 trades a day at most to start with small amounts of money.

I don't have series 7 and only have $2K to put at risk.

2. Holy crap. I just noticed Questrade only charges $4.95 per trade and has a minimum of only $1000. That changes things a little. Gee.

3. well, if you plan on trading the us market, i recommend u open an account in the us to pay less taxes on your returns.

if you only have 2k, you should not be day trading. 2k is for scottrade normal accounts. i think ameritrade requires 20k to get a good package with low commissions. 5k gets u a nice deal at cygroup

4. bespoke

bespoke

daytrade with 2K, no leverage, and 5 dollar commissions. rightttttt

5. Well, I mean I'm talking about larger moves on a 15 minute chart that could last several hours and possibly more than 2% moves (or 3%, 4% etc).

In any case, even if I had more, right now I wouldn't trade with more until I've had sufficient real-world practice with the new method I developped.

6. Can a Canadian living in Canada open an account in the US?