Remote Prop Firms for Futures' Options Traders.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by optionable, Feb 5, 2010.

1. optionable

optionable Guest

I've been trying to find a prop firm that allows me to trade options on futures remotely. I haven't had much luck, actually...none at all. Seems like a lot of firms are looking for high volume equities traders.

I figured if there are any firms out there who do this, these forums would be the best place to find them. :)

A little bit of info...
    I am not a high volume trader...I trade between 10-50 times a year.
    I am an options spread seller.
    I am basically looking to access a larger capital and am willing to put up some risk capital.

Thank you all. :)

2. l2tradr

l2tradr

I can't speak for all (or any) firms out there, but it seems to me they won't be making any money with that model (commissions), so it would be tough for you to find anything, IMO. If you do, post here as others may be interested as well.

3. Look at one of the JBO operations that clears ML or GS and they can give you access to the leverage and risk based margin that can help your stretch your capital and take home all or most of profits.

4. This may be tough. Who is going to want to take the risk on a small deposit from a trader who is going to be short premium all the time? I am assuming the standard SPAN margins on futures options at retail firms isn't enough?

5. can you name a few?

6. Why do you need prop at all for futures options? Doesn't everyone basically get the same SPAN margin, even retail accounts like IB?

7. optionable

optionable Guest

Yeh, you are right. Was just wondering if there was a way to trade with more capital is all. I guess I get your point, don't be too greedy right. :)