Remote Echo traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Vinny1, Aug 25, 2002.

1. What are Echo's minimum system requirements to trade remote.Would you guys recommend DSL or cable?

2. Yeah, maybe someone could talk about what's the most problematic piece of the setup. Like, is it the internet feed, RAM, CPU choice, OS???? Thx.

3. I have used DSL and cable in different parts of the country, both have worked ok. If you are fortunate enough to have both options available to you where you live, I would probably go with the best deal price-wise.

I have used Echo's software over a 56k dial up connection, had a few problems related to the dial-up number, but mostly worked fine even over this slow of a connection - so with Cable or DSL you should be more than OK.

As with any Windows-based systems - I would load up on the RAM. It's so cheap nowadays - 512MB works well for me and won't break the bank.

4. Thx! That's helpful.

5. How much hard drive space does the software take up?

Also,would the Echo software work with Apple computers?

6. lescor

lescor

Sterling, which is the order entry system used by most guys, doesn't take a lot of power. I'm running it on a P2 400mhz with two dozen time and sales and two dozen level two screens open and it runs without a glitch.

Instaquote, for charts, seems to run fine on the same computer, but I'm using it mainly on a P3 650mhz machine. I only have a couple charts open at a time though. I use qcharts for my main charting.

7. Sterling will not work with anything less than DSL or cable.

8. I have used Sterling for weeks at a time, on a 56k connection.
    Only half a dozen windows open. Again, I did have a few problems (resolved when I used a different dialup number for that area).

I would NOT recommend using anything less than Cable or DSL however, but 56k should work in a pinch, or purely as a backup system - since DSL and cable lines can go down from time to time.