Remote ECHO Traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by white, Feb 7, 2002.

1. vvv

vvv

i just happen to think that the huge majority of firms applying for fresh flesh are full of it, because the absolutely largest majority of their traders are losing more money than they are earning, and that less than maybe 5 % of their traders, if that, are earning more than the min. wage so it's basically a big rip of..

if they disagree with my assessment, let them bring up verifiable facts if they like, facts that may be verified by FORBES, TIME Magazine, the WASHINGTON POST, USA TODAY, etc, if they like, i won't have a problem with that as long as it's not just hot air but actually verifiable facts.

and, as long as they don't try their favourite evasion trick, hiding behind legal issues that have zero basis in reality. just mail the FTC, or the SEC with their recently acquired new powers.

cheers

#21     Aug 2, 2002
  2. And so what .... of course 5% of traders make money on a consistent basis. But it is the same everywhere else.. this is a tough job and you need a lot of dedication and hard work to start making money. I am not even talking about the minimum wage. But once you start mastering the game and stay disciplined you are there for the big bucks and really it is doable.
    However, not everybody is cut for that type of job. people are lazy and don't put enough hours to make it and do not have the nerves to handle pressure.

By the way I do not possess a prop firm, but I think that this is a great thing to be able to work with a prop firm. Think about what was the trading landscape 10 years ago.

#22     Aug 2, 2002
  3. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

Your posts are totally useless, and why are you duplicating them on multiple threads?

#23     Aug 2, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

Anyone that complains about $200 a month is a joker and not a trader given the above explanation. I am currently retail and I spend between $200 and $400 a _DAY_ for commissions, averaging about 20000 to 40000 shares a day (at .01 per share.) If I were at a professional firm, I have not doubt that I would be doing three to five times that much volume a day. In effect, after one or two day(s), my measly $200 would be rebated.

If you really want to win the war, negotiate your PER SHARE costs, and make sure that there is a cap if you do so many shares on a given trade (usually 2500, which is too high IMHO - it should be 2000 ) - that is the number one overhead in trading...I would kill for .005 cent per share, but I guess I would take .007.

nitro

#24     Aug 2, 2002
  5. Anyone trading remote with Echo care to mention how their experience is going?

#25     Aug 5, 2002
  6. VVV

You have a personal invite to come into my office and meet the 18 guys in here to see there daily P&L, see what they do and so forth.

It isn't very ethical for me to post _______ _____ made $20,000 today. Some guys don't want their P&L posted daily and/or wish to be unknown.

Robert

#26     Aug 5, 2002
  7. I am trading remote, no problems so far.

Been trading remote for a couple of weeks, full time remote since the first of the month.

#27     Aug 5, 2002
  8. Tom Frey

Tom Frey

I'm trading with Echo remote from within germany sind january this year.
    Really like it with echo and so far there is really nothing i could complain about.
    Unfortunately i can't trade every day as going to school keeps me busy ;)

regards

tom

#28     Aug 5, 2002
  9. i've been remote with Echo since April....I'm a happy customer.
    Perfect? No......but no major problems so far.

#29     Aug 5, 2002
  10. So when you're trading remote,do you have to call someone when you want to pull out some profits and ask them to send you a check to your home?

#30     Aug 5, 2002