Remote ECHO Traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by white, Feb 7, 2002.

1. OHLC

OHLC

Just a question : how comes the Echo traders just pay 183$ as data fees ?
    Nyse alone costs me 227euros a month ??
    Nasdaq 40 euros, CBOT 10$, Enxt 30euros ...
    OHLC

#11     Jul 31, 2002
  2. axehawk

axehawk

Robert,

So quote and data fees are included? Or just exchange fees?

Who do you use? S&P comstock, trackdata ???

#12     Jul 31, 2002
  3. I need to know the exchange rate of Euro's. I'm quoting US dollars and last time I figured it out it came to $183

Robert

#13     Jul 31, 2002
  4. The $200 remote pays include professional data feeds for quotes.

As professionals though we do have a yearly fee to the exchange as members. The benefits of being professional vs retail have been heavily discussed on the boards and I think I covered it rather well in this article

http://www.daytradersusa.com/tharp.html

Robert

#14     Jul 31, 2002
  5. OHLC

OHLC

Thanks Robert.
    The EURUS is 0.9804 right now, the rate varies around 1 dollar for 1 euro these days.

So, I'm paying nearly 227$ just for the NYSE...
    Except if I'm overbilled, it seems like 183$ for everything is a bargain...

OHLC

#15     Jul 31, 2002
  6. Everything is included (complete Redi software with query and charting and proprietary spreadsheet filtering), and the $200 is given back at a (very low) volume of only 200K shares per month. So everything is essentially free, except for your computer and ISP (which everyone has anyway). No ECN fees or other similar pass throughs.

Contact Cash Coyne for more info if you like: 919.852.4454

Don

#16     Jul 31, 2002
  7. Thanks

Didn't know conversion rate and now I know :)
    Maybe the NYSE raised rates since I last checked and firm is losing some money on lower volume trader somewhat more than I figured.

Robert

#17     Jul 31, 2002
  8. By the way is there a way to communicate with remote echo traders. chatting and talking markets strategy stocks..... that could be interesting. I started to trade remote with echo 2 months ago. Before I worked for several institutions as Technical Analyst and trader..

It's quite different to work on your own when you were used to work with other people and even the motivation is not the same.. Since you have no obligation and nobody is watching you… So at first it’s quite hard to work alone, but I am starting to get used to it.

I would be very interested to hear your experiences and first steps and even the possibility to talk markets..

#18     Aug 2, 2002
  9. Tom Frey

Tom Frey

a couple have msn or icq
    i have both just in case you wanna add me icq: 65910265 msn: tom@cants.de

#19     Aug 2, 2002
  10. vvv

vvv

why don't you guys post the truth, as opposed to dreams:

how come every CTA has to post facts...

ie an audited real time performance...

and you guys get away with posting marketing slogans with zero substance...

who, out of all of your traders, who've been there longer than 12 months, is actually taking home, after all costs, more than the minimum wage???

AND PLEASE DON't come with some purported legal issues, they simply do not exist. what the CTFC and the SEC want, at this stage, is a little less conversation, and a little more action, please.

so, accordingly, just come up with quantifiable facts, please, facts we can present to forbes .com etc, as we've heard more than enough lies out of corporate america to last us for a life time, as it is.

#20     Aug 2, 2002