Remote ECHO Traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by white, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Hi Tom. When you use IQ's API, do you program your system with Vb? I always thought IQ only has API for C++. In addition, when you say you get stock price data using DDE, does that mean porting the data from IQ to Excel then using your program (VB or C++) to get it from Excel? Is there a way to just skip Excel and get ported directly to your program. I think Interactive's TWS API has a couple of objects whose sole purpose it to 'deliver' data directly to program without using Excel. Thanks

#131     Oct 13, 2002
  2. know a thing about geology or two, before you go, so when you cruise through one of the gourges or Hubbard Glasier, you'll understand the rock upside down formations and the other twists of fate.

AWESOME!

Hey, good way to spend some of that trading capital!

#132     Oct 13, 2002
  3. Tom Frey

Tom Frey

Hi,

i just started out writing my application so I'm not yet too familiar with the API. I'm writing my application in C++ but the API should as well be accessible with VB as IQ provides a DLL with which the API is to be accessed.

with a DDE interface you're as well available to skip the Excel part and get the data directly into the software

#133     Oct 14, 2002
  4. because I'm considering trading remote with Echo.

I would greatly appreciate input regarding the following:

1) How has the merger affected operations if at all? Has quality stayed the same, improved, or degraded?

2) How's the software?

3) Can you create bullets with a hotkey or does it require a different program altogether?

4) What is the current fee structure? Echo's website used to list their commission structure but now it says to call for more info. What kind of desk fees are there now?

5) What are Echo's strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks.

#134     May 13, 2003