Remote Desktop with 2560x1440 resolution

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DT-waw, Oct 25, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Hi All,

I'm looking for a remote desktop software to view Virtual Server in higher resolution than the screen used to view the server.

For example: i want to access my server from a 1024x600 netbook, but being able to view 2560x1440 screen space.

Tried TeamViewer and TightVNC- both seem to not support such thing.

Any help greatly appreciated!

2. what is the OS on the machine you are trying to remote into? (your remote server)

What is the os on the machine you are using to remote from? (your laptop or desktop)

3. DT-waw

DT-waw

remote server - Windows Server 2008 R2

machine to access the remote server - windows 7 (but i'd also like to access it from iphone/android)

I need "view only" access (without keyboard and mouse control).
    Thats it.

When your strategies are of value, its the best protection i can think off...

4. Google "Remote Utilities". This program may help.

5. I don't know what to do about "view only" other than possibly try VNC (enterprise not the free retail junk one) and that will give you the ability (at the server) to disconnect the keyboard functions at a per-user basis. I don't know of a way to do it on remote desktop because it's a generic emulation from MSFT.

You want to use the span function in RDP. Google "remote desktop /span" and you will get enough links. Just open RDP from the command line and use the /span function to set your resolution. There are tons of msft knowledge base articles out there to give you the specifics as well as save it to the local machine so you don't need to re type every session.

6. Teamviewer will scale a larger rez down. Can also choose which screen if there are >1 or scale the whole multiple screens image into a single remote view.

7. I use TightVNC server on a windows 7 desktop with four monitors. With TighVNC client on my laptop I "see" the complete 7,680 x 1,200. TighVNC will certainly support it.

8. Whoops, didn't see the "Virtual" part before. Don't know if TightVNC will work...

9. dom993

dom993

This is a pretty stupid statement if you want my opinion ... you do not connect to your VM to feel good looking at your strategies trading live (at least I hope), but to keep an eye on all the possible issues that your system isn't able to deal with automatically ... and when one of these happen, you *do* need the ability to hand-manage it.

The rest is just working on your own ability to stay disciplined and let your strategies do their job.

10. Shrini

Shrini

You may try using RHUB remote support appliances. You can adjust the screen resolution as per your requirement. It works well.

#10     Dec 26, 2013